By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just cancelled FF XIII

Jedidiah-Rose said:
Why does everyone like the turn based systems of old? They were good then,but the new systems in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XII are a step in the right direction if you ask me.
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this new system :)
Because,new games are better old games.

I don't mind Action RPG's aslong as they are done right, I mean Star Ocean is more action bassed (Star Ocen - Till The End Time), yet the gameplay seems to fit in perfectly there.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Lets hope you don't regret making that decision.

I'm getting both either way...

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Seriously,you didnt have to make this thread,its just ruining people's hype for the game,and eventually dont even buy it,all of that based on some reviews?..

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Seriously,you didnt have to make this thread,its just ruining people's hype for the game,and eventually dont even buy it,all of that based on some reviews?..

I only said I did not like the sounds of the battle system, to me it's each to their own, sorry if I am ruining your hype.

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

I only said I did not like the sounds of the battle system, to me it's each to their own, sorry if I am ruining your hype.

I'm not ''hyped'' for games,i come on this site for fun

The only game i have played this fall and winter is modern warfare 2

I cant really be called a ''gamer''...

Around the Network

FFXIII is still a must buy for me.  Truly--In the past, the worst the reviews have been for a JRPG, the more I have personally liked them.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Why can't they just go back to a basic turn based system? All oif this new action driven crap is so cheap and off putting. A lot of new games piss me off with the stats too. No leveling up, unfulfilling upgrades, 100,000,000 hit point bosses, and one move that looks the same no matter what you are doing.

IMO, old final fantasy games were all about art in motion. FFX was my favorite because every move had new art for each charicter, and every attack was a work of art. Every animation was thought out, and shown in glory. FFXII turned every move into, how fast and plain can we make this attack happen, and how high can we jack up the hit points?

No joke, I am already disghusted buy what Final Fantasy has become, and I hope they turn it around now. If they keep going in this direction they will kill the franchise.

Player 1 Attack 83 hit combo

Hit 1 - 4,390,987,392,576,139,827
Hit 2 - 4,947,483,629,731,539,277
Hit 3 - 3,737, 862, ????????????
Continued
Hit 83 - 86565672-73283082380-2

Enemy Life Bar After attack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

OH... dont say that ... Square Enix still loves you( hm ... I mean ..::cough::.. your money)!

I gave up wanting for FFXIII after reading kotaku's review of it and others.

Right on, don't support SE developers who give us crap like this. Support Level 5.

KBG29 said:
Why can't they just go back to a basic turn based system? All oif this new action driven crap is so cheap and off putting. A lot of new games piss me off with the stats too. No leveling up, unfulfilling upgrades, 100,000,000 hit point bosses, and one move that looks the same no matter what you are doing.

IMO, old final fantasy games were all about art in motion. FFX was my favorite because every move had new art for each charicter, and every attack was a work of art. Every animation was thought out, and shown in glory. FFXII turned every move into, how fast and plain can we make this attack happen, and how high can we jack up the hit points?

No joke, I am already disghusted buy what Final Fantasy has become, and I hope they turn it around now. If they keep going in this direction they will kill the franchise.

Player 1 Attack 83 hit combo

Hit 1 - 4,390,987,392,576,139,827
Hit 2 - 4,947,483,629,731,539,277
Hit 3 - 3,737, 862, ????????????
Continued
Hit 83 - 86565672-73283082380-2

Enemy Life Bar After attack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kinda agree with you there they need to remake FF7-10 just to make up for this, plus they have dummed down the power of Summons in FF XII, something which they never should have done...

Level 5 made Dragon Quest 8, which was really good actually, I enjoyed it, do WKC looks probably to be the right choice for me.

PS VITA = LIFE