By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just cancelled FF XIII

Add Last Rebellion to your list. It's out in February as well. I'm far more excited about that than Resonance of Fate and the SO4 port.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
jneul said:
You know what would be great to see Mistwalker do a JRPG on PS3, does MS own them??
I played on Lost Odysee and loved it lol.

Well, I think it is complicated, M$ own the franchise I think, and fund them, but don't own them, I am not sure about the precise situation

Munkeh111 said:
jneul said:
You know what would be great to see Mistwalker do a JRPG on PS3, does MS own them??

Well, I think it is complicated, M$ own the franchise I think, and fund them, but don't own them, I am not sure about the precise situation

I think they have done Blue Dragon for the Wii, so who knows??

Edit: Last Rebellion now on my list, missed that one somehow lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

KylieDog said:
Munkeh111 said:
twesterm said:
I wouldn't be too upset with the gambit system (assuming they're using something like that) as long as they don't make us buy the damn gambits or at least give us access to useful ones in the first half of the game.

Well you do have to wait a little bit for all the paradigm shifts, and for the battle system to come in to its own.... But I did only really get great gambits in place near the end of FF XII, and then my party was just unstoppable

The way it should be.  They get better as the game goes on.  Wouldn't expect all the great weapons or armour given to you early, why would gambits be like that also?

Dragon Age has something similar to gambits and you get them all right at the start.

I don't mind them giving your progressively better gambits as the game moves on, but the ones they give you for the first 15 hours are terrible.  They are so bad they made me just not use the gambit system or use the very bare bones of it.

In FFXII you start with things like Cure ally when they're less than 90% health.  That's worthless.  You don't actually start getting worth while ones until much later and by then you've already started to hate it.

I know this thread isn't about FFXII, but FFXII really is just a bunch of good ideas terribly implemented and it's just baffling that people refuse to those ideas are in fact so badly flawed.

jneul said:

That game was epic. My favorite JRPG so far this gen.

soon to be topped by.....FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
KylieDog said:
Munkeh111 said:
twesterm said:
I wouldn't be too upset with the gambit system (assuming they're using something like that) as long as they don't make us buy the damn gambits or at least give us access to useful ones in the first half of the game.

Well you do have to wait a little bit for all the paradigm shifts, and for the battle system to come in to its own.... But I did only really get great gambits in place near the end of FF XII, and then my party was just unstoppable

The way it should be.  They get better as the game goes on.  Wouldn't expect all the great weapons or armour given to you early, why would gambits be like that also?

Dragon Age has something similar to gambits and you get them all right at the start.

I don't mind them giving your progressively better gambits as the game moves on, but the ones they give you for the first 15 hours are terrible.  They are so bad they made me just not use the gambit system or use the very bare bones of it.

In FFXII you start with things like Cure ally when they're less than 90% health.  That's worthless.  You don't actually start getting worth while ones until much later and by then you've already started to hate it.

I know this thread isn't about FFXII, but FFXII really is just a bunch of good ideas terribly implemented and it's just baffling that people refuse to admit that.  It's fine you like the game, there are plenty of things to like, but I just can't believe can't admit something is that bad.

IMO Dragon Age battle system feels better than FF XII, Dragon Age feels like an offline MMORPG, but still I really enjoyed it despite having an action based system.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Munkeh111 said:
jneul said:

I'm quite positive that someone can make a deal with Mistwalker to do a game. I mean, Mistwalker hasn't actually made anything. Artoon made Blue Dragon and feel plus made Lost Odyssey. Mistwalker are just the head guys. I feel NIS could fill the role of Artoon and feel plus just as well if not better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

perpride said:
jneul said:

That game was epic. My favorite JRPG so far this gen.

soon to be topped by.....FINAL FANTASY XIII.

I loved LO as well. FF13 has come nowhere near to it, besides having prettier graphics.

@OP: You should definitely rent FF13(or try a demo) before you buy it, especially if you're having second thoughts about the game. I like my PS3, but the game is so-so...

Totally unrelated, but I still think it's strange having a "tutorial" show up when you're about 6 hours into a game...wtf is up with that? (referring to FF13 here)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

jneul said:
Munkeh111 said:
jneul said:

I think they have done Blue Dragon for the Wii, so who knows??

Edit: Last Rebellion now on my list, missed that one somehow lol

They made games for the DS, as they do not compete in the handhelds

I will buy it. Every FF game is an awesome game, so I think this will be awesome too. It will be "different" from any other FF title (or lack some thing other FF games has), but will still be a great game.

Changing the subject a bit FFVsXIII will be better than this one because SE will learn from their mistakes with this game :D.