By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just cancelled FF XIII

dunno001 said:
Jedidiah-Rose said:
Because,new games are better old games.

This is SO not true. Since this is a FF thread, I'll state that the best ones were back on cartridges. Nonetheless, I'd hazard a guess that nobody on this site will say for the FF series that '6 < 7 < 8 < 9' , which would be what you are saying with that line.

As for the actual subject, the sheer amount of negative reviews with solid reasoning behind them has led to my roommate also cancelling her preorder. Final Fantasy is not the "ultimate JRPG" anymore. Sales in Japan indicate that DQ seems to be more thought of there, over here in the US, people are leaving Squeenix for the smaller JRPG publishers, like Atlus or NIS America. And most who move away, realize how many better JRPGs there really are out there...

I will agree with you to an extent. I personally liked FF VIII more than any recent FF. Yes the draw system was a pain, but overall it gave for alot of customization and the gunblade usage was a good attempt at getting the player more involved.  Ocarina of Time on the N64 is better than ANY Zelda released even to this day. DMC3 is considered as the best in the series and even better than DMC4. Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2, Parasite Eve 1, Metroid original games, Megaman original games trump the newest ones. And to quiet jedidiah further on that statement I just hae to name 1 more game.....Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That game as it stands is STILL UNTOUCHABLE. 

Around the Network
Pock3R said:
wait theres no leveling up system? no shops? you can't control more than one character at a time? and its fucking linear?

so in other words, they made this game so every 12 year old on the planet can easily beat it?

im canceling my preorder, I live with Versus....unless they make that complete crap as well.

The development system is like the one in FFX.

FFX Was linear.

IIRC you can buy items at save points.

This game has been said to be one of the harder FF's.

Also: Going from pre ordering to cancelling just because of some biased reviews is just plain childish IMO.

Kirameo said:
Pock3R said:
wait theres no leveling up system? no shops? you can't control more than one character at a time? and its fucking linear?

so in other words, they made this game so every 12 year old on the planet can easily beat it?

im canceling my preorder, I live with Versus....unless they make that complete crap as well.

The development system is like the one in FFX.

FFX Was linear.

IIRC you can buy items at save points.

This game has been said to be one of the harder FF's.

Also: Going from pre ordering to cancelling just because of some biased reviews is just plain childish IMO.

Right so it's immature to make sure this FF is worth buying?? What is wrong with just renting it, I have nothing to lose this way, at least then if I don't like it, it will not be a waste of money, if you ask me it is the mature thing to do, and not fall for all the hype, from the sounds of the review I am not going to like this game, mainly because of the battle system, so I am not  being childish lol.

I already fell for the hype last time, it was such a mistake, and for everyone's information, I have bought FF since FF7, so yeah, I am a FF Fan, I even re-completed FF7, and now am replaying FF8, if that is not dedicated, I do not know what is.

I miss the old FF days FF7-FFX was the best FF's ever made. 

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Im getting it, but maybe not at $60 price tag, maybe if I cant wait I might pick it up on day one.... I think Im gonna like the game no matter what.

You shouldn't let people scare you off so easily. You cannot relate negative bullet points about the game, to past games as if it is the same game with those things missing. It's a completely different game with things to replace everything that wasn't in the past games, and the game can still fill up 100 hours easily, according to most users on gamefaqs, assuming you take interest in the end game.

Think for yourself, don't let other influence you so easily. If you think the game will be good, stick by your convictions....

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I've reached my conclusion about this thread. Half of the people posting here never even intended to buy Final Fantasy XIII by the looks of it. The game is one of the highest rated games on Famitsu ever. If you like JRPG's and you plan on getting White Knight, then I really don't see the reason you wouldn't try FFXIII. Even the poster who made this thread acknowledges that.

I have struggled to enjoy JRPG's over the years, I rented SO4 which turned out to be crap, I'll do the same with FFXIII before I buy. I think the OP shows good common sense.

perpride said:
I've reached my conclusion about this thread. Half of the people posting here never even intended to buy Final Fantasy XIII by the looks of it. The game is one of the highest rated games on Famitsu ever. If you like JRPG's and you plan on getting White Knight, then I really don't see the reason you wouldn't try FFXIII. Even the poster who made this thread acknowledges that.

Honestly I was going to buy it, I was so exited, the characters and the story look cool tho, so if you are not so bothered about the new game mechanics FF XIII should be ideal for you.

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

perpride said:

Yes but the thing that worries me is that the game is getting extremely mixed reviews by the fans.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-15783001-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BCXIII/dp/B000FNQXEO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg__2_i?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=95606706&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=637394&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=06W1JEZY06HGRE7YA5RZ

dobby985 said:
perpride said:

Yes but the thing that worries me is that the game is getting extremely mixed reviews by the fans.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-15783001-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BCXIII/dp/B000FNQXEO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg__2_i?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=95606706&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=637394&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=06W1JEZY06HGRE7YA5RZ

I agree with you ^^, did not famitsu give star ocean a good score, I don't think they can be trusted anymore

PS VITA = LIFE