By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMBW sells over 500k units in its third week in Japan (1.9M LTD)

it outsold SSBB in 3 weeks in Japan... that's crazy!

And I thought it would have problem break 3 mil before it was released. Silly me :(

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
ioi said:
New Super Mario Bros Wii is on track to be the second fastest-selling console game of all time worldwide in the first 10 weeks behind San Andreas so yes - it is pretty huge.

Haha hey I was the first one to bring that up haha.  But a good observation as well.  From what I've seen NSMB Wii will hit 10 million in potentially 10-12 weeks while San Andreas did it in 9 weeks.  Considering the difference in opening day launch, it would be simply incredible.  NSMB Wii even has a chance of tying San Andreas for the honors if it gets a few better sales in Europe/Others.  As for just the first 10 weeks, going to be just right behind it.  Game is a sales monster.

As for OT, over 500,000 in the 3rd week is simply incredible.  Who says games don't sell that well after the first week in Japan.  Haha and who says Final Fantasy would take anything way from Mario.  Mario has pretty much come in and become the dominant release for Japan this holiday season and in December, even despite that of a new Final Fantasy game releasing.  Now that is impressive. 

Seems this is the 2nd highest 3rd week sales in history (just behind Pokemon G/S). Amazing.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a fricken beast!!

It is pretty unbelievable. If it is at 1.9m already after 3 weeks, I shudder to think what would happen if its sales trended like Tomodachi Collection....

It passed Brawl like it was nothing... Maybe it could beat Dragon Quest 9.....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

and Pokemon G/S 's 3rd week was 900k, insane for any game of any calibar, and was coming after the hysteria of pokemmon R/B. So thats saying something for a game that was on a console which was in severe decline of form

kopstudent89 said:
and Pokemon G/S 's 3rd week was 900k, insane for any game of any calibar, and was coming after the hysteria of pokemmon R/B. So thats saying something for a game that was on a console which was in severe decline of form

Do we know the highest 4th week?  I bet Mario sales will actually rise next week with the new year looming, it may take best 4th week if the record is under 500k...

Damn, that's just sick sales. How much is NSMB behind MW2 on xbox if we count this in.

^^

I second this

I'm curious about how it will keep tracking in the US, too.

Good God

How close will Reggie come on his bet? Within a million? Less?