By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMBW sells over 500k units in its third week in Japan (1.9M LTD)

500k week 3.

This is absolutely ridiculous! Was anyone expecting it to be this high? In its first month it'll pass what FFXIII will do in its lifetime!

It looks like NSMB Wii will easily take the title of best selling home console game in Japan, since the original Super Mario Bros (was it bundled?). 2D Mario really owns Japan...

Around the Network
Galaki said:
scottie said:
why people thought that FFXIII release would kill of sales of NSMB.

When you're immerse with 1 game, you tend to not notice any other games until it's all done.

The hype behind FF13 is huge.

Not huge enough to worry Mr. Mario.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
I think the comparison to other Wii games in Japan is nice. It's helpful to know that it's already ahead of Brawl and could pass MKWii by next week. This is the Japanese saying "we loved older Nintendo franchises just the way they were... in 2D." Hopefully Nintendo will get the picture and give us a 2D overhead Zelda.

Um, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? O_o

I think PH and ST are 2.5D, not quite 3D and not quite 2D.   But still Nintendo should get something from this.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

It increased from 2nd week? That's pretty unusual. I wonder how well NSMB is pushing HW this week

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
It increased from 2nd week? That's pretty unusual. I wonder how well NSMB is pushing HW this week

Over 200K ioi said, if so then good stuff!

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Raze said:

I mean, I know Christmas isn't huge in japan... but isn't there some Japanese holiday around now that's huge?

Another funny possibility.  Maybe FF13 boosted it's sales, and people bought both games while they were out.

Kas - Not too sure, not well-read on my Japanese culture knowledge, but would make sense. Also, the latter suggestion would be pretty interesting as well.

Nintendogamer - Keeping over the 200k mark, that's impressive. How does that make that race between PS3 and Wii reaching their next mil mark play out?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
Kas - Not too sure, not well-read on my Japanese culture knowledge, but would make sense. Also, the latter suggestion would be pretty interesting as well.

Nintendogamer - Keeping over the 200k mark, that's impressive. How does that make that race between PS3 and Wii reaching their next mil mark play out?

A close race I say, one could reach their target while the other competitor is only about 20,000 behind, or they both could reach their next million at the same time, that would be better actually.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

If anything, I think NSMBWii quite stalled FFXIII sales, not the other way around...

The fact that the link in the OP doesn't work really bothers me.