By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMBW sells over 500k units in its third week in Japan (1.9M LTD)

ChichiriMuyo said:
I think the comparison to other Wii games in Japan is nice. It's helpful to know that it's already ahead of Brawl and could pass MKWii by next week. This is the Japanese saying "we loved older Nintendo franchises just the way they were... in 2D." Hopefully Nintendo will get the picture and give us a 2D overhead Zelda.

Um, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? O_o

Around the Network

only the last one is gonna be higher than this week ioi unless you're including handhelds.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

--OkeyDokey-- said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
I think the comparison to other Wii games in Japan is nice. It's helpful to know that it's already ahead of Brawl and could pass MKWii by next week. This is the Japanese saying "we loved older Nintendo franchises just the way they were... in 2D." Hopefully Nintendo will get the picture and give us a 2D overhead Zelda.

On consoles, and hopefully not with the still ugly celshaded style graphics.  Nor trains or boats.  I want a game like the original or the ones on SNES and GB.  For my taste in games, Zelda took a major dive with OoT and has only gone down since (for the most part).  Even the handheld releases are getting worse.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

One of the highest console sales in 1 week in Japan outside of launches. Yeah all consoles combined. I can't remember 200k+ for 2 systems at the same time ever happening before either. I haven't looked enough to confirm it but i think that may be true.

15-20 million sales WW incoming! (minimum)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

yeah there's one week in 1997 that has about 470k consoles sold which will be close to this week, and one in 2002 that had around 570k. Other than that it should be the highest week as far as i can see.

I don't think 200k+ for 2 consoles has ever happened.

Pretty sure everyone expected an even larger drop for NSMBWii due to FF13 week.

Wow, just wow. Great for the Wii (ioi stating it will likely be over 200k) and Mario.

And when you add the great week PS3 had (237k I believe vy MC) and FF13, this is just a great week overall for home consoles!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

That's pretty amazing actually.

Looking at Mario Kart Wii.... i've no idea what to expect this to sell.

5+ million seems... reasonable, which seems like it should be unreasonable to me.

ChichiriMuyo said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

On consoles, and hopefully not with the still ugly celshaded style graphics.  Nor trains or boats.  I want a game like the original or the ones on SNES and GB.  For my taste in games, Zelda took a major dive with OoT and has only gone down since (for the most part).  Even the handheld releases are getting worse.

Japan has never been close to the biggest consumer of Zelda games, and catering specifically to them at this point would be counter-productive.

Not that I'm objecting to the idea of 2-D Zeldas (though I don't get your disdain for the Wind Waker style), but Japan would not be the reason for the changes in the season.