By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ModNation Racers Will Fail.

GooZeiZHere said:
qmoney88 said:
Not quite sure how the game handles bad, maybe you just need a little more practice because I was able to get the drifting down within 10 minutes of playing the game. Just because you suck doesnt mean the game is going to fail, good thing their not only making the game for you, or this might be true. The BETA has been out for all of one full day, give it some time and allow the developers to implement some patches that will hopefully smooth things out. There is a fair bit of lag and glitches, but isnt that why they're testing their game now? Did you have to pay for the beta? Threads like this show how ignorant some people really are, I love mario kart wii and this is basically that but you have the ability to create almost anything in the game. Its a fantastic game and I will be buying it day one if they get the kinks ironed out.

thats the point when my family comes over and were all switching back and fourth nobody wants to have to play for ten minutes to get a feel for it thats why games like lbp and mario are great for kids and family because anyone can pick it up and play it

and somehow you can't play this game because you don't know how to drift?

Heck, my gf and many friends still don't know about drifit in MK but it dosn't stop them from having a good time.

You need not worry about casual market front. Thank you very much

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I just realized I got an email to get into the beta. I'll post opinions if anyone cares

Kids can play games like these just fine, don't treat them like idiots. I beat FF VIII at 7 and had no problems whatsoever understanding it.

I was also pretty darn good at Gran Turismo. Plus this is a beta, they will probably fix any steering issues anyway, that's what betas are for.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Your pronouncement is a little premature. Though, IF the controls are A. as bad as you say and B. not fixed then that would be the only thing that would keep me from buying it. Track editor = exciting.

Of coarse, a weapons editor would be cool too.

wtf ? xD

when i had my ps1 , my cousin who never played any game in his life (because he was barely 7 years old i think) grabbed a controller and played CTR. the good thing about kids is that as long as they having fun they don't care, thats what older folks should learn about kids...

heck i also remember MYSELF finishing alot of very very VERY difficult games when i was young.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I was really good a MK:DD when O was 8, so I don't see a problem...

my 2 younger brothers. (age 7 and 8 then) they both beat warcraft campaign mode in hard, and was owning teens and maybe young adults in warcraft. i don't think kids are that stupid. and yes they also have played LBP, and its not like they just play that too, they also create their own levels, and u know how complicated level-making can be in LBP? well now they are older (age 10 and 11 now), but they are very excited for modnation racers when they discovered its like racing game just like LBP.

so, i don't think it will fail for the reason u stated.
it will probably fail sales wise cuz some ppl expect this to be the second coming of mario kart, but come on now we all know that won't happen unless a miracle happened...

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

You know, I have trouble controlling a lot of games on the Wii as well. Maybe it will fail. Oh wait, it didn't fail.

For comparison, Mario Kart Wii using the Wii Wheel was horrible for me; which I guess it means it will fail. Oh wait, it didn't fail.

Just like me a Hardcore gamer, My 8 year old son does the same, when you play a race car game and at first are learning how to control the car , and trying out different things , soon you learn how to play, then tweak that a bit and your a pro, same for my 8 year old son. It may take a hour but we learn how to play.

I always find it so frustrating when someone makes a big "this will fail" statement based on something tiny or ridiculous.

This is no exception.