By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did Square Enix stick with Sony?

dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

Take a good look at the dates of both of our articles 

Mine is labeled as August, yours June 

and in the new jan 10 issue of the official playstation magazine

Page 57.

Sony computer Ent. IS LISTED AS THE PUBLISHER of Final Fantasy XIV

And Gamefaqs has the publisher labeled as Square Enix 

Right here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/data/960572.html

that's exactly my point.

the very fact one is online one is from a published magazine, the one is in print.

one is right and one is wrong.

that would be like which would be right or which would be wrong something posted online or the official xbox magazine?

I guess OPM knows more about Final-Fantasy XIV then Square Enix does -________-

no that is posted by GAMERFAQ'S which is "GAMESPOT" last time i checked GAMERFAQ'S OR "gamespot" does not = square or any other GAME DEVELOPMENT PUBLISHER OR GAME COMPANY.

OPM get's it's Info just like Gamefaqs does.

So like I said someone is wrong someone is right.

online info

or

published magazine's info

GAMEFAQS LISTED IT AS :

Title Data

• Genre:Massively Multiplayer Online > Role-Playing > Fantasy
  • Developer:Square Enix

NOTICE IT SAY'S DEVELOPER Nothing about them being the PUBLISHER

IN OPM IT STATE'S

PUBLISHER :Sony Computer Ent. Developer : Square Enix ETA: TBD 2010

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

that's exactly my point.

the very fact one is online one is from a published magazine, the one is in print.

that would be like which would be right or which would be wrong something posted online or the official xbox magazine?

no that is posted by GAMERFAQ'S which is "GAMESPOT" last time i checked GAMERFAQ'S OR "gamespot" does not = square or any other GAME DEVELOPMENT PUBLISHER OR GAME COMPANY.

online info

or

I mean the original link I posted.http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/ffxiv-discussions-with-microsoft-holding-up-360-version/ 

That is from a representative from Square Enix 

dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

that's exactly my point.

online info

or

I mean the original link I posted.http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/ffxiv-discussions-with-microsoft-holding-up-360-version/ 

and that was from AUG.

this is from JAN 2010 issue

thing's change first Final Fantasy XIII was to be exclusive to playstation 3 than it went multi-platform

the same could of happened with Final Fantasy XIV it may have went console exclusive to the PS3 it's still going to PC.

but this is the first time that i have seen where it states that Sony computer Ent. is the publisher

an remember that article in aug stated it could does not mean it will.

one thing is this generation has shown development game companies have changed their mind's quite a bit.

look at Quantum Theory it was listed as a PS3 exclusive it's now going to be released also for the xbox360

the thing is xboxlive is the one problem that other game companies have had a problem with before look at Epic game's unreal tournament 3 titan pack expansion pack for the PS3 and PC

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

that's exactly my point.

online info

or

August is very old now. PS3 slim was just appearing. The magazine said Sony is the publisher, i think it ends here. Final Fantasy XIV is for PS3 and PC only. And with the succes of Final Fantasy XIII on Japan and more copies sold abroad on PS3, i think the exclusivity has just been confirmed.

lol this is funny... look at the first day sales....final fantasy 13 is about to outsell total 360 sales in japan....somethings r best left alone where they belong no matter how much money a competitor can cough up...

Around the Network
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

Page 57.

that's exactly my point.

online info

or

GAMEFAQS LISTED IT AS :

Title Data

IN OPM IT STATE'S

look at the page. It says Square is the publisher. The fact that you didn't even read the entire page just means...

And unless you can supply a link I am calling BS on everything you posted

Surely as well as making money ( priority 1) they want to evolve the game. Sure the Wii can have decent looking games but the HD twins are in a different league.

Ynwa.

I really think that SE does what it needs to do as a business -- based upon the information at hand.
Coming into this generation, virtually no one saw the PS3 bring third and the Wii being first. A lot of decisions were made based upon the exact opposite occurring.
What happens from this point out will depend upon what happens on upcoming titles and how long this generation lasts. But I would not be surprised to see more multi-platform and tiered development to try to reach a wider audience.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
I really think that SE does what it needs to do as a business -- based upon the information at hand.
Coming into this generation, virtually no one saw the PS3 bring third and the Wii being first. A lot of decisions were made based upon the exact opposite occurring.
What happens from this point out will depend upon what happens on upcoming titles and how long this generation lasts. But I would not be surprised to see more multi-platform and tiered development to try to reach a wider audience.

Mike from Morgantown

Are you guys telling me they couldnt drop the PS3 version easily, as early as 2007, we knew the PS3 was in trouble, and I bet you the 360 didnt start until 2008.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:
joeorc said:
dsister44 said:

Page 57.

that's exactly my point.

online info

or

GAMEFAQS LISTED IT AS :

Title Data

IN OPM IT STATE'S

look at the page. It says Square is the publisher. The fact that you didn't even read the entire page just means...

And unless you can supply a link I am calling BS on everything you posted

Look at the page. IT says Sony is the PUBLISHER and Square is the DEVELOPER. Read it more carefully.