By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did Square Enix stick with Sony?

I loled so hard at this post that I think my kidney imploded

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:

Some people said Square was betting on the wrong horse thats why the screwed up this generation. FF13 is the FIRST PS3 game and this will be the biggest seller outside of Batman AA which has sold better on PS3 too.

If they have really problems it has NOTHING to do with the PS3. They will release only VS as exclusive. They didnt betted on the wrong horse for sure, How can someone say that PS3 is the reason why Square Enix has problems. They just released the first game which has done really great plus the old classics which have done really great too. And they bought Eidos so they had batman AA which has done great on PS3 too. So whats the problem. Square Enix has until know only good experiences on the PS3. Not ONE game failed.

Blaz Blue

Tekken 6

Resident Evil 5

Devil may cry 4

Street Fighter 4 have alsp sold better on ps3

They stuck with sony? REally?

FF XIII on 360
STAR OCEAN on 360 exclusively for a year
THE LAST REMNANT on 360 exclusively
INIFNITE UNDISCOVERY on 360 exclusively

you are telling me they stuck with sony's ps3 when they just released 1 game for it?

mM

I found the OP made no sense what so ever... I can't believe this was even posted. This thread should be closed, its totally false.

Square have been very multiplat this entire generation.. What are you complaining about? I think everyone here has made this point... except Numonex, who posted something equally as non-sensical as the OP.

Could this be the reason why Final Fantasy 13 is a Playstation 3 exclusive in Japan and not on the console that rightfully deserves to have it?

Around the Network

But FFXIII is with both consoles.....so SE sees no real dominance with either Sony or MS. SE keeps close ties with Sony and the top execs might have known about the PS3slim so as to reassure them that sony would be coming back. Think of it this way, Sony's position looked doubtful, developers were starting to complain, so sony would have to peform some kind of damage control. So, I think that they would have to show that they would be turning things around soon.....

FF is the only game that MUST be made for the HD consoles. It's a graphic intensive genre defining leader. It pushes gameplay boundaries and sets standards both fisually and in story telling and in complexity. That is not what the Wii market it designated for and that is exactly what the PS3/360 markets are designated for. The PS3 has most of the FF fanbase though so it's a better suitor for the FF series. The 360 on the other hand has it's pockets full of gamers in regions that SE would like to use FF to increase its presence so in those regions the 360 is a good choice to release FF on.

hunter_alien said:
Well untill FFXIII they didnt release any PS3 games... and judging by the sales of FFCC:CB I think they are happy that they released the game on a Sony and not Nintendo platform

ahh FFCC:CB got panned by critics... so i was expecting it wasnt gonna sell well... i said a week ago that "the game got bad reviews so dont expect good sales"