By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy take the crown from Ocarina of Time?

I'm sure others will look askance at me for saying that I prefer Wind Waker to Ocarina of Time (haven't yet started Twilight Princess) and Super Mario Sunshine to Super Mario 64. But I'm fairly sure reviewers, pretty much regardless of how good Galaxy is, will not rate it above OOT. Nostalgia is a powerful factor. Not as powerful as the "haha, that stupid game has crappy graphics" that kids will say when shown a game like Castlevania, but powerful nonetheless.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

no TLZ:OoT and Mario 64 will never be dethroned.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

There is no way Galaxy will topple Ocarina of Time. OOT is one of the greatest games ever made and always will be, sitting on top of that gaming pile with greats such as Half-Life and Mario 64. Mario Galaxy has scored 1 point less than Mario 64 in Famitsu and i would expect that to continue elsewhere. Mario 64 was THE pioneering game that really bought forth analog controls, rumble and controlable camera angles. I know other games did it too, but Mario 64 was the first to do it right and was revolutionary for the time, mainly because 3D graphics were just rolling out properly. Mario Galaxy cant top that sort of a revolutionary game, but i think overall the game will play better.

No.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

No, but I'll tell you one thing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is very likely to replace Chrono Trigger as my favorite game of all time the way things are going. It will most certainly kill OoT as my second favorite. SMG already beat Sunshine for me in the demo. Sunshine's level design was just too repetitive. 64 would be tough, but it's possible.

Around the Network

OOT will never leave that number one spot on Gamerankings. There are just too many review sites and no matter how good a game is some stupid website is going to give it a 70% just to drive up their hits

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

flamevizier_34 said:
i listened to ign.com's wii'k in review today, the Wii teams Matt and Bozon were arguing with Jess whether or not to give Galaxy a 10 or a 9.9'ish score. I think it will take the crown from Ocarina of Time no doubt, but Super Mario N64? I dont know about that one, it looks close.

According to Game Rankings, Ocarina of Time faired greater than Super Mario 64, in reviews.

BenKenobi88 said:
Hah. No.

M64 and OOT will probably never be beaten in my mind.

SMG will be better than M64, just as TP was better than OOT. Unfortunately, I guess, the novelty of 3D platforming and adventure was so new and exciting with those first N64 games. And Nintendo did it perfectly right away...so it's hard to think back of those games as anything but perfect.

According to Game Rankings, Twilight Princess was not better than Ocarina of Time.

Ben isn't talking about gamerankings scores Alex. Most people aren't hehe. You seem to be the only one actually. It became a discussion about opinionated quality.

What a shame... I really had high hopes for Super Mario Galaxy to dethrone Ocarina of Time. Not that Ocarina of Time is bad, or anything, but it would be nice for a Mario game to be #1 on Game Rankings. Looks like Ocarina of Time will remain the king, until, perhaps, yet, another new Zelda, or Mario game, is released...