By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy take the crown from Ocarina of Time?

I doubt OoT will ever be topped, unless there's a huge bribery scandal on reviews. I just think we've reached a plateau, if you will, in video gaming. I can't see what could come out, that would completely shock and amaze us as gamers anymore.

However, I'd like to optimistic that I'm wrong.

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time will remain the king forever most likely. This has nothing to do with how good OoT is (it's not my favorite of all time), but because of how polarized the current review market is. Sites like gamespot like to hit big games hard to increase site traffic. When their reviews are counted into the averages it destroys any chance of it happening.

The Orange Box was by far the best opportunity for OoT to be toppled.  Even the PC version of Orange Box couldn't do it.  If that couldn't, then nothing can. 

This game will be so awesome it will be #1 in zelda games.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Just curious Rol but what are your top 5 Zelda games?

Mine are:

OoT
WW
aLttP
TP
MM

So basically we have all the same games except I have OoT and you have tLoZ heh.

Around the Network

Reviewers are more critical now then they were back then, and the first 3D Zelda and Mario were so ground-breaking that they really can't be outdone until we go holographic or something.

Well, so far it's beating Super Mario 64, in Game Rankings. We'll see what happens after more reviews come out.

It's actually pretty low for only having 4 reviews.  Bioshock had a 98% at this point in the review process and didn't make the top 10.  Average reviews go down over time, not up.  I expect it to end at about 93%.  A great game, but it won't be in the top 10.

flamevizier_34 said:
i listened to ign.com's wii'k in review today, the Wii teams Matt and Bozon were arguing with Jess whether or not to give Galaxy a 10 or a 9.9'ish score. I think it will take the crown from Ocarina of Time no doubt, but Super Mario N64? I dont know about that one, it looks close.

At this point all i can think is that IGN is pro nintendo, last time i checked they were 4% above all average reviews for wii?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
flamevizier_34 said:
i listened to ign.com's wii'k in review today, the Wii teams Matt and Bozon were arguing with Jess whether or not to give Galaxy a 10 or a 9.9'ish score. I think it will take the crown from Ocarina of Time no doubt, but Super Mario N64? I dont know about that one, it looks close.

At this point all i can think is that IGN is pro nintendo, last time i checked they were 4% above all average reviews for wii?

When did you last check?

IGN Wii: -.4%
IGN PS3: +.6%
IGN 360: +.5%