By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy take the crown from Ocarina of Time?

The mystery of how great Super Mario Galaxy is, may finally be subsiding, as more people have played the game. I have always wondered if it could take the crown from Ocarina of Time, or at least, top Super Mario 64.  Based on the few reviews, currently out on the Internet, it seems like Super Mario Galaxy will definitely score over an average of 90% on Game Rankings, might defeat Super Mario 64, but most likely, will definitely not surpass Ocarina of Time. Super Mario Galaxy already got far more reviews, less than 100%, than reviews of 100%, which although is astonishing, perhaps means that Ocarina of Time, will live another day, on the royal, gaming throne. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of the greatest games of all time, but will not be the greatest, unless the rest of the reviews are of 100%.

Around the Network

lol you answered your own question, your about right

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

the majority of smg reviews will probably be 90/100. i prefer to ignore gamerankings on wii games and just look at ign and gamerankings

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

i listened to ign.com's wii'k in review today, the Wii teams Matt and Bozon were arguing with Jess whether or not to give Galaxy a 10 or a 9.9'ish score. I think it will take the crown from Ocarina of Time no doubt, but Super Mario N64? I dont know about that one, it looks close.

To review:
For hardcore gamers-
OofT
SMG
SM64

For casual-
SMG
SM64 (DS edition)
SM64
Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
OofT

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

Hah. No.

M64 and OOT will probably never be beaten in my mind.

SMG will be better than M64, just as TP was better than OOT. Unfortunately, I guess, the novelty of 3D platforming and adventure was so new and exciting with those first N64 games. And Nintendo did it perfectly right away...so it's hard to think back of those games as anything but perfect.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

No.

no.

Most likely not, but i get the feeling it'll be able to hold its own in the top 10, or top 15 in the very least

nothing will ever knock OOT off the top.