By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Big Will NSMB Wii Be? Possibly 9 Million Before the End of the Year?

Anecdote time:

It is currently sold out on Gamestop.com, fye.com and Walmart.com. Out of 20 Walmarts within 100 miles of my home, only 3 have it in plentiful stock, while for the other 2 it is in limited stock.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
ganondorf7799 said:

Week 1

Americas: 300k-500k

Japan: 350k-450k

Europe/Other: 350k-450k

Worldwide- 1000k-1300k

Total- 4.90m-5.20m

500 + 450 + 450 = 1400 k not 1300k

Fixed it.  Thank you for pointing it out.  When I added it up I must have looked at the 350k instead of the 450k.  Guess it is because the E/O is longer and the 350k falls under the max ends of the others.  Oh well but thank you for telling me. 

SaviorX said:
LOL It seems I should've had more faith in your Japan numbers.

Gamt may even exceed 9m Zucas

Haha yea you should have.  Seems my numbers may even end up being too low.  Game is just doing incredible in Japan and driving hardware sales along the way. 

I think it will top Super Mario World lifetime.

I LOVE ICELAND!

And yea as someone said earlier, over 500,000 in Japan on its 3rd week on the market (week 2 if we are going by my predictions on the front) according to Media Create. Actually more like 530,000 and more than 1.9 million so far in Japan. Go to this thread for more info and comparisons:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=96037&page=1

As it seems, we have completely under estimated Mario not only in America and Europe, but the world as a whole. Classic styled Mario with a new look and a new twist is huge. Mario is showing that not only still is but always was the most dominant figure in gaming. And people want to go back to their roots or experience maybe something new when it comes to Mario 2D platformers. Like Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo has been able to polarize all "factions" and kinds of gamers into buying this title. It's not due to graphical output or technical features, but pure fun of old school platforming. Truly amazing.

Seems my 9 million projection may not be all that crazy and potentially a little pessimistic... especially if America and Europe/Others hold up. I would, though, like to hear other people's opinions on this game right now, also opinions in relation to my projection, and the future sales of the game.

Around the Network

So... what's it sold WW up until now, according to estimates?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
So... what's up sold WW up until now, according to estimates?

Well up until the week ending Dec 12, it has sold 5.22 million worldwide (that's 4 weeks on the market).  Last week or this week's sales data of course aren't in but we do know Japan sales are over 500k or about 530k actually according to Media Create numbers (which was the high end of the Japan Preview numbers).  As for America and E/O it's hard to tell but I would guess at least 600k for America and at least 400k for E/O.  But we might see larger increases in both regions (despite UK being flat) due to the holiday rush.  So if I had to guess at least 1.5 million for last week or this week's sales numbers which would put sales up to 6.72 million. 

Zucas said:
Cheebee said:
So... what's up sold WW up until now, according to estimates?

Well up until the week ending Dec 12, it has sold 5.22 million worldwide (that's 4 weeks on the market).  Last week or this week's sales data of course aren't in but we do know Japan sales are over 500k or about 530k actually according to Media Create numbers (which was the high end of the Japan Preview numbers).  As for America and E/O it's hard to tell but I would guess at least 600k for America and at least 400k for E/O.  But we might see larger increases in both regions (despite UK being flat) due to the holiday rush.  So if I had to guess at least 1.5 million for last week or this week's sales numbers which would put sales up to 6.72 million. 

Okay, thanks for the info. That's a lot. Man it's selling much better than I expected it would before it came out. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Either way, NSMB Wii will be at least 6.4 million by the end of the week AT LEAST.

At most, I'd say 6.75 million!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Zucas said:
puffy said:
I have two bets going, one that NSMBWii will sell 5 million within 6 months and one that it'll sell 11 million in 12 months. I'm a happy boy :P

Oh wow you are goign to be pretty happy with those outcomes haha. 

who ever you have the 5 million in 6 months bet with is an idiot!

that seemed like a no brainer to me

hello how are you.