By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will sony make the biggest turn around in gaming history?!?!?!

RolStoppable said:

1. The Wii will have at least tripled the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 once all three systems have stopped selling.
  2. The Wii will have at least five games to sell 10+m units (excluding Wii Sports and Wii Play).
  3. By the end of this generation the Wii will have the most exclusive (not just console exclusive) games rated with an average score of 90 or higher.
  4. Austria's football team will win Euro 2008.
  5. By the end of 2010, I will own more than 100 games for Wii, including VC games.
Are these good enough?

I admit that I have thrown in one really outrageous prediction among these which has a chance of close to zero to become true. Try to figure out which one it is.

I'm an American who thinks football is played with a funny-shaped ball, and even I can spot the impossible prediction in this group. (Then again... if Greece can win, who knows? )

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Whenever you want to make a statement about Wii's total sales by the end of its lifetime, remember that it's getting launched in China...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Whenever you want to make a statement about Wii's total sales by the end of its lifetime, remember that it's getting launched in China...

Oh snap!

if the ps3 outsells in europe for one week that doesnt mean " Will sony make the biggest turn around in gaming history?!?!?! "

i thought u guys talking about something serious -.-"

Nintendo already made the greatest turn around in gaming history, Sony can't top Nintendo's turn around, even if the PS3 booms up-wards, Nintendo still had the most remarkable company turn around.

Around the Network
roadkillers said:

WITH THESE PREDICTIONS I MEAN WEEKLY

PS3 will overtake the 360 worldwide once Metal Gear Solid is released.

PS3 will overtake the PSP worldwide once Grand Theft Auto 4 is released.

PS3 will overtake the Wii worldwide once Final Fantasy XIII is released.

Im not sure about the DS though. If FFXIII is as big as I think its gunna be PS3 might end up killing all of the competition. The only problem Sony has is Square Enix. Yes they support them almost 100% on the consoles but what about the DS? DS got Dragon Quest IX which is a big loss for the PS3.

I've been saying this since the start, what ever console has Square will win. They have tons of high selling games that were on the PS2 and if they stay on the PS3 (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, and many others) then the PS3 will sell the most consoles. Sony has a good start with Square with a new Star Ocean, 2 new Final Fantasy's, and some completely new IP's. The only problem Sony can face is losing any of there titles to the Wii.

I know Square wont make any titles for the 360 (unless there multiplatform with the PS3) So all Sony has to worry about is Nintendo other then that there set.

1. Since the 360 apparently has few major releases in Q2 '08, it seems likely, but the PS3 has to keep that momentum to sustain any lead.

2. Depends on when Crisis Core comes out in the US.

3. We don't know when FF XIII is coming out. So it would depend just as much on how well the Wii does this holiday. If it has a bunch of great games, FF XIII won't be enough to push the PS3 past the Wii. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
I just enjoy a few good predictions sometimes.

1. The Wii will have at least tripled the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 once all three systems have stopped selling.
  2. The Wii will have at least five games to sell 10+m units (excluding Wii Sports and Wii Play).
  3. By the end of this generation the Wii will have the most exclusive (not just console exclusive) games rated with an average score of 90 or higher.
  5. By the end of 2010, I will own more than 100 games for Wii, including VC games.
Are these good enough?

I admit that I have thrown in one really outrageous prediction among these which has a chance of close to zero to become true. Try to figure out which one it is.

1. This is a long battle... Winning the first year with a console does not win the war.  Especially with the spending power that both Microsoft and Sony can muster...  And are they really winning?  Attach rates are higher on PS3 and 360...  Would you rather sell 150 million consoles with an attach rate of less than 2 or 50 million consoles with an attach rate of higher then 6?   Royalties make the revenues equal.  There is no doubt that both PS3 and 360 games are consistently selling better portionally to the installed base.

2.  Wii has very few good games.  Go to gamerankings and do a search on Wii games above 80% rankings from reviewers...  Wii had only 9 released so far this year, 360 had 40, and the PS3 had 29 even though they have 10 less games in gamerankings with 5 reviews or more...  The reason why Wii has some big sellers is that the lineup is not deep and the install base is large.  The attach rate for Wii is the lowest of this generation.  Which essentially means people buy a Wii a few games and don't get any more after that.

3. The controller, the lack of raw processing / GPU power, and the demographics of buyers make the exclusivity thing inevitable.  There is no doubt that GTA IV, Call of Duty 4, Assasin's Creed, etc. can't be done on the Wii as they are (Graphically and AI wise - And sorry, I own MP3 for my Wii and it doesn't hold a candle to Gears, Halo 3, Ratchet & Clank, or Resistance).  Otherwise, the publishers, seeing the largest nextgen install base and knowing a lack of quality content would have done ported their creations right away.

4. Don't know anything about football to comment, but I'm sure its as misguided as the others...

5. I just bought my 175th 360 game including XBLA...  I even have 50 games for my PS3 including PSN...  I limit myself only to games that rate higher then 70% on gamerankings.  On my Wii I only have 25 games (Fun but not epic)...  So, 100 isn't exactly anything to write home about.  Considering that over 50% of Wii games have a less then 70.1% rating that means 50% of your collection is probably crap.  Quantity also doesn't mean quality.

roadkillers said:

WITH THESE PREDICTIONS I MEAN WEEKLY

PS3 will overtake the 360 worldwide once Metal Gear Solid is released.

PS3 will overtake the PSP worldwide once Grand Theft Auto 4 is released.

PS3 will overtake the Wii worldwide once Final Fantasy XIII is released.

Im not sure about the DS though. If FFXIII is as big as I think its gunna be PS3 might end up killing all of the competition. The only problem Sony has is Square Enix. Yes they support them almost 100% on the consoles but what about the DS? DS got Dragon Quest IX which is a big loss for the PS3.

I've been saying this since the start, what ever console has Square will win. They have tons of high selling games that were on the PS2 and if they stay on the PS3 (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, and many others) then the PS3 will sell the most consoles. Sony has a good start with Square with a new Star Ocean, 2 new Final Fantasy's, and some completely new IP's. The only problem Sony can face is losing any of there titles to the Wii.

I know Square wont make any titles for the 360 (unless there multiplatform with the PS3) So all Sony has to worry about is Nintendo other then that there set.

rofl that made me laugh xD

Lost tears of Kain said:
RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
I just enjoy a few good predictions sometimes.

Are these good enough?

Wow.....

1. Lets say that the 360 and ps3 sell 50 million, and thats low, since both are on track to sell more, the wii would have 150 million..........

2. Possibly matters on total sales, again look at ps2 sales and see how many sold above 10 million.

3 Hard to say, developers are going to make crap as long as the sales continue like they are, 360 currently is selling big on good games.

4 BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 You must be a huge nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.O

What the hell is that? No seriously explain yourself.

The Xbox360 is in danger , but even if Wii sales will drop dramatically , it will still be a much batter period than last gen :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!