By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will sony make the biggest turn around in gaming history?!?!?!

Desroko said:

Plus, you seem to be under the impression that the Wii has sold more than the PSP. It hasn't.

Maybe it will have by the time GTA4 launches ;)

EDIT: I know, I know, not likely.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Desroko said:

Plus, you seem to be under the impression that the Wii has sold more than the PSP. It hasn't.

Maybe it will have by the time GTA4 launches ;)

Touche.

Desroko said:
roadkillers said:
PS3 will overtake the 360 worldwide once Metal Gear Solid is released.

PS3 will overtake the PSP worldwide once Grand Theft Auto 4 is released.

PS3 will overtake the Wii worldwide once Final Fantasy XIII is released.

Im not sure about the DS though. If FFXIII is as big as I think its gunna be PS3 might end up killing all of the competition. The only problem Sony has is Square Enix. Yes they support them almost 100% on the consoles but what about the DS? DS got Dragon Quest IX which is a big loss for the PS3.

I've been saying this since the start, what ever console has Square will win. They have tons of high selling games that were on the PS2 and if they stay on the PS3 (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, and many others) then the PS3 will sell the most consoles. Sony has a good start with Square with a new Star Ocean, 2 new Final Fantasy's, and some completely new IP's. The only problem Sony can face is losing any of there titles to the Wii.

I know Square wont make any titles for the 360 (unless there multiplatform with the PS3) So all Sony has to worry about is Nintendo other then that there set.

GTA IV is being released in 2008, right? So you expect the PS3 to sell roughly 20 million units in less than a eight months?

There are many, many problems with your analysis (you've badly confused cause and effect, for one), but that jumped out at me. Plus, you seem to be under the impression that the Wii has sold more than the PSP. It hasn't.

Im sorry I ment weekly worldwide sales not overall sales. That would be near impossible for the PS3 to sell over 14 million consoles world wide in less then 6 months.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

So you are just saying for the week that those games are launched?

super_etecoon said:

Well yes, that week and every week after.

Around the Network
zackblue said:
@lost

Yea but hey,the ps3 still cost more than the 360,and its outselling the 360 in europe. And in japan, the only thing is that north america is the largest market, and micro$oft has taken that market over. Its going to be very hard for the ps3 to outsell the 360 there.

Buty Im starting to see a transition from xbox to ps3.. not through fanboys but through gamers. Today I went to best buy and I was amazed, there were people buying ps3's and it was the 40gb.

Yes but again thats the miracle of a price cut, the 360 was outselling the ps3 before the price cut, what if 360 has a major 100 dollar price cut? THen suddenly 360 completely outselling for a while, can we saftley say that the 360 is more popular in europe? Nope again lets see the final sales after the price drop effect. And if its minor it will be no difference

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:

Okidokey...just wanted to get that straightened out.  Granted, that's a little more conservative than it appeared at first, but I still think you just became the Sony John Lucas.

super_etecoon said:
roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:

Okidokey...just wanted to get that straightened out.  Granted, that's a little more conservative than it appeared at first, but I still think you just became the Sony John Lucas.

What does that mean? The Sony John Lucas?

PS: It may seem like im a fanboy but no im not. If I had the money and time (I barley have time to play my PS3 or even get on this site) I would buy a Wii but since there are so many great games coming for the PS3 I wont have enough money.

roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:
roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:

Okidokey...just wanted to get that straightened out. Granted, that's a little more conservative than it appeared at first, but I still think you just became the Sony John Lucas.

PS: It may seem like im a fanboy but no im not. If I had the money and time (I barley have time to play my PS3 or even get on this site) I would buy a Wii but since there are so many great games coming for the PS3 I wont have enough money.

No offense intended.  John Lucas is less of a fanboy and more of a loose cannon predictor.  He's known for really throwing out some high Wii numbers.  You're just the Sony version now.  I don't take predictions seriously enough to use them to discredit someone, but it is fun to put someone's words in a time capsule to see how close they were.  While many claim the PS3 will have a turn around, you have given some very specific numbers and a good timeline to track your progress.  I'm not calling you a fanboy....just a balsy predictor.

roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:
roadkillers said:
super_etecoon said:

You can still be a fanboy and own all three systems. Heck you can still be a fanboy and even enjoy all three systems you own. The only requriement for being a fanboy is either making outrageous comments about your console or believing outrageous PR from your console's company.