By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official Endless Ocean: Blue world thread of pure Joy and Awesomeness

Cheebee said:

Ah okay thanks... Yeah I've been there, remember it now, must've not checked that door though 'cos I don't remember the message... Hm well, that's just weird then. Maybe some future upgrade is needed.

And oh, 15? How? I can only carry 10 items as far as I know... You let a partner carry some stuff or something?

*Edit* Nevermind, I already found out, it's that GG.

*Edit 2* Well whaddaya know, I actually just bought the large bag from Nancy. It came up for sale, along with 3rd upgrades for the rest of the equipment, after I found coco-something (dunno, forgot its name, it's apparently the largest sea turtle in the world) in Gatama Atoll.

Also, I found out you simply have to check the guitar to make that quest with the woman and the shark re-appear. But I haven't yet tried it again.

The large bag doesn't appear because of the turtle as I found the turtle ages ago (I think many of the legendaries are time of day/moon phase specific... so as long as it is the right time and day of the month, they are triggered when you swim to the right area) I think it might depend either on something in the story line (if you had completed the main story before you called Nancy then it's probably that... because that's when I got it.... but it had been a while since i'd called her so could have been earlier story parts that triggered it) or I think it could have been increasing the salvaging level.

And I completed that guide quest... I thought it was pretty easy really, I think I was hit about 4 times (once each by the smaller sharks and twice by Thanatos)

One thing I am a bit dissapointed in is the non-bottomed out areas, like the two polar regions and much of the North and East of the Red Sea, and the South West corner of Gantama bay (is that the right place name for the first area?).... they only let you dive down so far before saying "too dangerous to go deeper" I hope there is a way to get past those barriers, though I don't hold much hope. Then again I hadn't been holding much hope for a way to choose the Hayley Westenra track to play.... but now I have the jukebox

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

The large bag doesn't appear because of the turtle as I found the turtle ages ago (I think many of the legendaries are time of day/moon phase specific... so as long as it is the right time and day of the month, they are triggered when you swim to the right area) I think it might depend either on something in the story line (if you had completed the main story before you called Nancy then it's probably that... because that's when I got it.... but it had been a while since i'd called her so could have been earlier story parts that triggered it) or I think it could have been increasing the salvaging level.

And I completed that guide quest... I thought it was pretty easy really, I think I was hit about 4 times (once each by the smaller sharks and twice by Thanatos)

One thing I am a bit dissapointed in is the non-bottomed out areas, like the two polar regions and much of the North and East of the Red Sea, and the South West corner of Gantama bay (is that the right place name for the first area?).... they only let you dive down so far before saying "too dangerous to go deeper" I hope there is a way to get past those barriers, though I don't hold much hope. Then again I hadn't been holding much hope for a way to choose the Hayley Westenra track to play.... but now I have the jukebox

Hmm.. that's weird. I haven't completed the game yet, I'm about to go to that Red Sea deep thing. But right after I finished the story bit in that river temple, when back on Nineball Island, I called Nancy and she had nothing new. Then the only thing I did was the whole totempole-dog-telescope thing to find that big turtle, after which I returned to Nineball. Then I called Nancy again, 'cos I also salvaged some stuff while diving for the turtle, and checked out the things for sale again... that's when those upgrades were there, including the large bag. Didn't complete anything new besides that, so... I dunno, something triggered those upgrades, could've been the salvage level upgrade you mentioned, though I'm not sure mine increased at the time. Ah well.

As for the Thanatos quest, nice. I dunno, maybe I was doing something wrong, or it was a bug in the game or what, I have no idea. But I was at it for like 10 minutes at the least, and must've got hit about 6 or 7 times. The shark never actually hit the woman, I made sure of that, but she never managed to get the darn hatch open. I'll try again soon though.

Yeah I found those bottomless areas a bit starnge too... that was the 1st thing I tried when I got to those areas, to dive deeper, but the game doesn't let you. Too bad, really, would've been sweet. I don't think there's a way around it. Oh and I didn't know there was a jukebox in the game, that's cool.

Bytheway, do you know if ill fishes you cure get sick again when you leave an area? 'Cos in that river temple, I cured 100+ fishes (god I swear, almost every single one there was ill), but when I got back there the next time, there was a giant cloud of multicoloured targets swimming round in there again. That was at a different time time of day though, so I dunno if they were actually the same fish or different ones. Haven't been curing a lot besides that one time.

Also... what effect does raising your salvage level have? Mine is 7 or 8 now I think, but I haven't really noticed much difference, tbh.

Gantama Bay? Lol, it's Gatama Atoll, I believe. This thread's starting to get boring for people who haven't got the game yet, by the way.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

This thread turned unreadable.

Anyways, need to get the game soon.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Can't wait until we get the game here in NA so I can read and add to this thread again.

Couple more weeks.

Best thread page ever!

I think i'll PM you instead of replying here again

Around the Network

This is the kind of thing that has put me off the whole review system:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/142/14286532.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/home/954373.html

Notice that on IGN they give a press score (like Metacritic) with 5 "reviews" it has a score of 7.6 but with a similar number of users (4) it has a score of 9.3

And on GameFAQs:
GameRankings average = 7.6 (8 reviews)
User score = 9.0 (6 users)

Admitedly this is a small sample at the moment, I imagine it will increase when it releases in Americas, but I don't see the point difference between reviewers opinions and users opinions changing much.

Yeah, PM'ing is probably for the best, haha, otherwise this thread's no fun for our American friends anymore.

Those review scores are awkward, I noticed them too. I don't care too much about 'professional' reviews anymore these days, but still, it's weird. To anyone doubting the game, I'd say: trust the reader reviews, the game's marvelous.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The game is 40 Euro on Amazon. Is this normal?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
The game is 40 Euro on Amazon. Is this normal?

Well it's £30 on Amazon UK... (£35 in stores) it's just the Americas that seem to be getting it cheap ($30... and on Amazon that includes Wii Speak!)

Just to say I added FCs of Cheebee and TWRoO

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.