By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official Endless Ocean: Blue world thread of pure Joy and Awesomeness

Good god, my thread's been necrobumped! I'd actually almost forgotten about it, haha, good thing there are still people who care! EO2 is one of the finest games this gen, without a doubt.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Interesting update!

Our fellow VGC-member Naraku_Diabolos was keen enough to discover that the outside of the Cavern of the Gods in the game (the location where the final part of the story takes place), is actually modeled after existing ruins called Petra, in Egypt! He was kind enough to supply pictures from a book of his, showing of the uncanny resemblance between the in-game location and the real-world structure:

The 1st pic shows a similarity to the crevice you swim through to reach the Cavern of the Gods, the 2nd and 3rd pics show the Petra ruins' similarity to the Cavern't exterior... Who'd have thought?

Naraku_Diabolos sent me these, 'cos for some reason he's been unable to post anything since we switched over to VGC 3.0. (which sucks, by the way :s) Kudos go to him!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

To anybody who's still on the fence about this game - NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

I've seen multiple holiday deals on this one on the net, from amazon (20.00 $ with super saver shipping!) to ebay (15.00 $ NEW). If you're looking for a different type of adventure game, you don't know what your missing!

Still one of my all-time favorites this gen. Originally purchased it at launch for 40 $ and it was worth every penny.

@Cheebee: Petra is in Jordan, not Egypt. Although in the game there are indeed many egyptian motifs in the design as well as statues of egyptian gods... I think they were going for a mixture of ancient civilizations in this title... made me feel a bit like Indiana Jones (but in a GOOD game :D )

Speeking of which, anyone who's seen "The Last Crusade" should recognize Petra... ;)

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club