By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has topped 60 million!

Is the party still going on? Pikachu wanna dance

Around the Network

The party shall get bigger in the next ranking!

Been away fro a bit, being help back by Uni work and will do again this week :(

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I will be phreakin' amazed if Wii tops PS2 lifetime.

Why you ask? Because Wii is unlikely to get more than 50% market share this gen, and even if it does get over 50 it will only be in the low 50s. What does that mean? It means if Wii makes 133 million console sales, it means PS360 will make at least 120 million combined console sales. Compare that to PS2 making 100 million and at the same point in time XBGC combined was only 44 million. Wii has a much tougher road selling its next 60 million than PS2 had to sell it's second 60 million.

Very very well done and congratulations on soon becoming the best selling Nintendo home console ever. And guaranteed to be at least the 2nd best selling home console ever, and possibly one day the highest ever.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

^That assumes that PS3 and 360 sales remain at their current pace, and that Sony and MS don't announce successor consoles in the next two years or so.

Regardless though, Wii passing PS2 is pretty likely, considering its sales compared to the PS2

Though I wonder just how much will Nintendo and Wii be doomed when the Wii passes the NES in a couple of weeks?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

@ avinash

Nintendo is always doomed ;)

Counting their money, making AAA games for their systems, reserching and developing tecnhologies that others might adopt later... But they're always doomed :P

they're still less than half way there, PS2 sold 138m

but not bad

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Playingwithfirex said:
they're still less than half way there, PS2 sold 138m

but not bad

PS2 took longer to get to 60 million

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All&weeks=200

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Bamboleo said:
@ avinash

Nintendo is always doomed ;)

Counting their money, making AAA games for their systems, reserching and developing tecnhologies that others might adopt later... But they're always doomed :P

True, but by how much, I expect at least 20 doom articles within 24 hours of Nintendo announcing that Wii has passed the NES

Wii will most definitely sell more than PS2 ever did, this is because it found a whole new market.
Please ignore the doom thread, no console is dying just yet lol.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1