By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic's "The Best Games of 2009"

The psp has "better" scoring games than the DS this year in total, but the DS had more 88 plus ip.

@seece

you are right, FF XIII is just one of the big ones.. lol

mM
Around the Network

WOW

PS360 are just amazing!

anyway SF4 is a surprise, I never knew it was actually that critically acclaimed till today

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

PS360 are just amazing!

anyway SF4 is a surprise, I never knew it was actually that critically acclaimed till today

It's all looking good for PS3 there. Interesting that PC edges out PS3 on median metascore when the numbers on the chart would lead you to assume that PS3 should have the beeter metascore than PC (More "Great Games", same % in the Good range, higher % in the mixed range, lower % in the bad range). Still, given the metascore ranges in the good, medium and bad categories it is easily explained.

Wii games don't appear to come out too well on Metacritic. But when you think about it 87% of Wii games are still mixed score or better, as opposed to the winning PS3 which has 93% in mixed or better. Not much of a difference really between first and last. And given the quantity difference it means Wii has an absolute number of mixed or better game much higher than PS3. However 1 AAA game vs. 10 is pretty poor for Wii.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

patapon said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

PS360 are just amazing!

yer yer yer

that image thingy is cool as the guy looks like mace windu

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
patapon said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

PS360 are just amazing!

yer yer yer

that image thingy is cool as the guy looks like mace windu

"the guy"...Dood that's Bill Cosby! He's a legend.

Next year will be a good battle between PS360.

Wonder if 3rd parties will be able to help Wii along...

PS3 is awesome! 43% of the games got a 75 or better and 10 great which I'm guessing is 90+!

I'm super glad to have a PS triple.

If being last on metacritics sells the most hardware/software, I think everyone would want to be last.

Damn I must have bad taste in games since pretty much every game I have bought this year is in the 70-89 range.....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints