By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy bombs in Japan - only sells 130,000 on day 1

@ Kirby007

I didn't say it wouldn't move that many units the first week, I'm just saying that people are having a problem not even viewing that it may not sell that much. They're acting like if it doesn't move more than 400k the first week, the numbers are flubbed...

Around the Network
fooflexible said:
Just wanted to bring out something: the Japanese blog that reported the 130,000 figure for SMG also report the 700,000 preorder figure, and explained the preorder figure was from Nintendo themselves. Although they seem to express some doubt over the number considering SMS sales, but I'm not entirely clear on that because the translation is so bad.

Yeah I traced that Wikipedia link that said 700,000 and put it through Babel fish. That thing said 70 million and I knew that was some kind of translation mistake.

Does anybody here know Japanese?

Here's the link. Can y'all translate this for all of us here?

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10049594051.html

2007年10月03日(水)

Wii「マリオギャラクシー」受注70万本突破、「かるッP」2週目も約13万台を販売、他

テーマ:瓦版(ゲーム・映画) ▼Wii「マリオギャラクシー」受注70万本

■Wii:「スーパーマリオギャラクシー」

【紹介記事】3Dアレルギーの特効薬が完成。Wii「スーパーマリオギャラクシー」

11月1日に発売が予定されているWii「マリオギャラクシー」の受注数は
Wii用タイトルとしては歴代最高の約70万本となった。
これは任天堂からの公式発表ではなく、複数の情報を元にした
個人的な感覚なので若干の誤差はあると思うが、
70万本を下回っていることはほぼ無いものと思われる。
任天堂の初回目標本数も大幅に上回っており、
GCでリリースされた「スーパーマリオサンシャイン」の初週販売本数が約28万本、
累計販売本数が約80万本であることから考えても充分好調と言えよう。
公式サイトもオープンし、今月中旬からは怒濤のCM攻勢も開始される予定で
「3Dマリオ」として「スーパーマリオ64」以来のヒットとなるか期待がかかる。

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
  タイトル:スーパーマリオギャラクシー
  メーカー:任天堂
   発売日:2007年11月1日
    価格:5,800円(税込み)
 公式サイト:http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/index.html

SMG Bomb? That's unpossible!

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

It's funny that if the topic didn't say the game bombed (which it didn't) and just said it didn't meet expectations this topic would even be a page long.

well imo it won't sell the 700.000 but it will sell atleast + 500.000 first week, it wil sell decent the whole lifetime of the wii untill the next mario

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Does not really know if 130k the first day is good or bad for SMG. How much have other big titles sold on low userbase in Japan? The only thing I know is that many people on this site said much higher numbers. Did not Hot Shots Golf 5 sell 100k first day?

Around the Network
johnlucas said:
fooflexible said:
Just wanted to bring out something: the Japanese blog that reported the 130,000 figure for SMG also report the 700,000 preorder figure, and explained the preorder figure was from Nintendo themselves. Although they seem to express some doubt over the number considering SMS sales, but I'm not entirely clear on that because the translation is so bad.

Yeah I traced that Wikipedia link that said 700,000 and put it through Babel fish. That thing said 70 million and I knew that was some kind of translation mistake.

Does anybody here know Japanese?

Here's the link. Can y'all translate this for all of us here?

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10049594051.html

2007年10月03日(水)

Wii「マリオギャラクシー」受注70万本突破、「かるッP」2週目も約13万台を販売、他

テーマ:瓦版(ゲーム・映画) ▼Wii「マリオギャラクシー」受注70万本

■Wii:「スーパーマリオギャラクシー」

【紹介記事】3Dアレルギーの特効薬が完成。Wii「スーパーマリオギャラクシー」

11月1日に発売が予定されているWii「マリオギャラクシー」の受注数は
Wii用タイトルとしては歴代最高の約70万本となった。
これは任天堂からの公式発表ではなく、複数の情報を元にした
個人的な感覚なので若干の誤差はあると思うが、
70万本を下回っていることはほぼ無いものと思われる。
任天堂の初回目標本数も大幅に上回っており、
GCでリリースされた「スーパーマリオサンシャイン」の初週販売本数が約28万本、
累計販売本数が約80万本であることから考えても充分好調と言えよう。
公式サイトもオープンし、今月中旬からは怒濤のCM攻勢も開始される予定で
「3Dマリオ」として「スーパーマリオ64」以来のヒットとなるか期待がかかる。

タイトル:スーパーマリオギャラクシー
  メーカー:任天堂
   発売日:2007年11月1日
    価格:5,800円(税込み)
 公式サイト:http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/index.html

SMG Bomb? That's unpossible!

John Lucas

No, it said 70000, = 10,000, so 70 * 10,000 = 700,000

Edit: I removed thousand from the last sentence 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

i dont know how the game would not kit 400 in its first week--this is only first day sales and no game going in at 130,000 is having a bad first day

Okay who says the preorders of 700,000 were retailers and not consumers? I'm under the impression from every site I've read the story that it's a consumer number. like this:

http://www.infendo.com/wii/super-mario-galaxy-preorders-hit-700kin-japan/

And again the same blog that reported 130,000 first day sales also reported the 700,000 preorder figure.

@ footflexible

We've already agreed that the 700k was retailer pre-orders, not consumers...

takkxyz said:

No, it said 70000 thousand, = 10,000, so 70 * 10,000 = 700,000

I'm just remarking on what I saw when I sent it through the translator. I knew it was some kind of error.

We're just gonna have to wait and see on this one. Galaxy IS disappointing in Japan if this is the figure. I mean this is Galaxy not Ridge Racer: Kaz Edition. 500,000 should be the lowest this game pulls in.

Won't deter me one bit either way. I don't really care. I know I want it. But if Japan slept on this title...Boy. We got problems. Hahahahaha! We got problems. Hahahahaha! Me and the land of the rising sun have problems if this is the case.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!