By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saddest ending in a video game? (Spoilers for all games ever)

FFX :(

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

i gotta say ffx!

Clannad. The fact that the best ending could only be obtained by the game's mechanics is kinda of sad and that the original ending actually happened. Poor Tomoya :(

Or for a more well-known game, Mario Galaxy. Even though those little Lumas will be reborn, they sacrificed their lives for the sake of the universe. Plus that handwave made me shed a tear.

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Final Fantasy X

Cant believe no-one has said FFIX yet, especially when you realise that the whole epilogue is being said by Vivi who shut down :(

Around the Network

I'm going to say Final Fantasy X

It was an amazing game and the ending was beautiful, but was so sad too, infact it's one of my favourite videogame endings ever... too bad Square Enix went and made a sequel to it that was below-average if you ask me.

Space invaders

I LOVE ICELAND!

Oh oh oh and Suikoden 2's ending if you don't get all the 128 stars! It was

Lengen Dary

Tetris because I never seem to get to the end no matter how hard I try:(

drag0n_sw0rd said:
for me is ffx when tidus had to go back to zanarkand and had to leave yuna

He didn't go back to Zanarkand becasue he was only a memory along with everyone in Zanarkand. Thats what the aions were doing, dreaming of the world before sin, and they wanted to stop, to finally rest which is why you have to kill em all at the end. So Tidus was always dead. Really the best ending in a video game for me.