By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saddest ending in a video game? (Spoilers for all games ever)

Xenosaga 3

My head kept thinking about Kos-Mos even 2 weeks after completing the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is a close second.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future Ending.

I still don't accept it, I will never accept it, Claire is alive and loves Layton, she never died, I will NOT accept her death.

Since this thread has come back alive, I was gonna post this.

The Prof took off his hat, man.

PakChiuCheng said:
Xenosaga 3

My head kept thinking about Kos-Mos even 2 weeks after completing the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is a close second.

Good call, that was a very sad ending - starting at about 4:55 is one of the sadest moments in videogame history.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'd go with Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, wasn't particularly sad but it just showed absolute despair:

Gabriel traveled on a very long journey to save the world and the faintest possibility to bring back his wife only to find out that the only guy he somewhat trusted had betrayed him, that Gabriel himself had killed his own wife as he was used by the guy that betrayed him. And then finally after fighting him and then on top of that satan, there's no moment of happiness as he cannot bring back his wife and on top of that now has to fight this even greater being that again will put the world in peril.(DLC) then after defeating it he then finds himself becoming an immortal being only to sit and watch as the world progresses as he dwells on his past events.

one of the worst endings I've ever witnessed