By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Xbox 360 is losing appeal to new customers.

I'm honestly impressed with the way MS has handled the xbox this generation (aside from its one glaring fault--RRoD).  Their strategy has been brilliant.  Steal the JRPGs since a major hardcore part of the ps family loves their JRPGs, keep the shooters coming for their normal fanbase, buy exclusives when possible, and keep the price point $100 less than the ps3.  What more could people expect them to do?

With that said, I enjoy my 360, but I'll always be a Sony fan---it's just in my roots.  I don't think any strategy could change that.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
vgaddict said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vgaddict said:
"The US has the most impartial market in the world."

Thanks for the laugh.

We barely support our own nations goods. Our rich support European cars, our middle class Support Japanese cars and Electronics. Really dude...are you serious?

The US are one of the most patriotic countries in the world, you must be very young or naive to ignore that.

Never seen people singing your national anthem with the hand on the heart ? Or the things your professional sport players say about the US ? Or how your government saved GM and Boeing single handedly with desperate protectionist measures ? Or how you were easily foolishly convinced to attack Iraq because you were supposedly 'under attack' while this nation had nothing to do with terrorism whatsoever ?

Please don't make me laugh. The US - while I like this country a lot for other reasons (like inventions...) - are maybe the most stupid nation in the world when it comes to customer habits and nationalism. You've been brainwashed by your medias long ago.

It's offtopic anyway.

The thread title is "Why Xbox 360 is losing appeal to new customers."

Feel free to contribute.

If Americans only bought American stuff, GM wouldn't have been in the shitter.

Yes it would have fallen (GM), because if there was no competition, the USA would fall in every category...Competition promotes innovation, it's been proven everywhere....But That's all I'm saying off topic...Just think it was a dumb comment

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

JaggedSac said:
vgaddict said:

Who cares about Japan? I care. I care more about Japan than I care about the US actually.

Most great games are japanese after all, from Mario and Zelda to DMC, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Persona... Only to name a few.

I do care a lot about Japan.

No wonder you don't like the 360.  I am also in the group that could care less about MS success in Japan.  European and US gaming tastes are more my style.

+1

Same here, every game style vgaddict stated made me think "meh."  Infact, for me... the last Mario game I played (and enjoyed) was Mario Party 7 on GC.  I bought a wii, paper mario and mario galaxy and that first zelda and unfortunately I've put less than 4 hrs total into all of them.  I thought DMC was the biggest POS ever once part 4 came to my xbox and I bought it.. it and that NFL all pro by the 2k guys are the only 360 games I've gotten rid of this generation.  I lost interest in Final Fantasy's after 7 (they are all the same!!!!).  I think some gamers just have different tastes.  I'm all for the european and us gaming tastes as well.

I need to get the new mario.
I need to finish SMG.
It's games like that or is it just ninty games, from Japan that I love and will keep playing but as for JRPG's they seem to be all about the show. Sort of like Hollywood. I want to get into them as I see the ads and it's so over the top they look like a thrill ride but then I play them and it was just the best cut scene they used in the ad.
A cut scene that will be repeated and repeated and repeated if your good at the game. Ne I get the one where I get my arse kicked again and again and again. WRPG's are more my thing so you take out JRPG and Japan has little to offer me.

That said if they ever stop caring about games and their gaming industry falls it will be a huge loss to us all as I believe there should always be options and there's always room for something different. The odder the better.

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:

I don't think the 360 ever really lost appeal, the main problem was PS3's price and weak advertising. People were going for the cheaper alternative, which was the 360 (I am one of them).

Now the PS3 got a nice new cheaper slim model and a fantastic advertising campaign. The demand has always been there for the PS3.

I believe the 360 will gain more momentum with its good exclusive line up at the beginning of next year.

this is probably the correct answer... the PS3 has always had a pretty high demand, but really the price held it back... the question is when what is the stall point for 300 dollars

Uberkiffer said:
JaggedSac said:
vgaddict said:

Who cares about Japan? I care. I care more about Japan than I care about the US actually.

Most great games are japanese after all, from Mario and Zelda to DMC, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Persona... Only to name a few.

I do care a lot about Japan.

No wonder you don't like the 360.  I am also in the group that could care less about MS success in Japan.  European and US gaming tastes are more my style.

+1

Same here, every game style vgaddict stated made me think "meh."  Infact, for me... the last Mario game I played (and enjoyed) was Mario Party 7 on GC.  I bought a wii, paper mario and mario galaxy and that first zelda and unfortunately I've put less than 4 hrs total into all of them.  I thought DMC was the biggest POS ever once part 4 came to my xbox and I bought it.. it and that NFL all pro by the 2k guys are the only 360 games I've gotten rid of this generation.  I lost interest in Final Fantasy's after 7 (they are all the same!!!!).  I think some gamers just have different tastes.  I'm all for the european and us gaming tastes as well.

Try Mario Galaxy and the new Super Mario brothers on the Wii (which is just stalling you for Mario Galaxy 2). Super Mario Galaxy will be great as well. I can't blame you for losing interest in Final Fantasy, but this new one looks kinda interesting.

European tastes are very different from US tastes, you can't mix both.

That's why the PS3 sells more than the 360 here in Europe while the arcade model costs 120 euros and a PS3 249 euros, quite an achievement if you think about it...

Europeans love japanese games. Shooters are less popular than in the US too.

I do not think the 360 is actually losing appeal. At least, we will not be able to confirm this until late next year. If the PS3 continues to dominate throughout next year, then we can claim that the 360 is losing appeal.

What is true is that there has probably never been a better time to get a PS3 if you wanted one. All we know is that there were quite a lot of people that were interested in getting one and the recent campaign by Sony made it happen. Who knows how long this will last?

psn is only free for now because they need a selling point to catch up in sales. online gaming costs money and you ps3 owners will eventually pay the price. xbox live for a better online gaming experience for what ends up being less than 5 dollars a month isnt bad. you can even find it online for around 40 bucks shipping included. thats like $3.333333 a month its probably less than a meal at a fast food joint. my ps3 fanatic friends even agree that xbox live is way better for a small price to pay.