By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lots of new Modnation Racers gameplay footage.

Torillian said:
Kantor said:
Well, PULLUSPARDUS, I think it looks pretty impressive. But, it's not doing much to distance itself from Mario Kart, is it?

To be honest, I'm not sure this warrants a Blu-ray release. It would be better off as a PSN/Budget game, IMO, like EyePet.

I remember the same being said about LBP, that it should be a PSN title.  I bought the game full price retail and have never regretted it for a second.  I expect this game to be the same.

I also thought that about LBP.

But...LBP was incredible. It had such enormous amounts of content, such huge potential and endless possibilities, that it undoubtedly justified a Blu-ray release.

I'm not seeing anything like that here. I'm seeing karts driving around a circuit and occasionally shooting rockets at each other. And without, it seems, the fantastic track design of Mario Kart.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

It would be nice if it supported the new motion controls.

Very mario kart esq.

Lol I'm 18 and I'm excited as hell over a kids game! hah I iz a cazuel gamerz!!1

iWarMachine said:

anyone else thinks that this game could sell a lot better if the game was called LittleBigRacers and with sackboy as the main character?

but it looks great right now.

I second your thought.

I was impressed when the game was shown on the E3, but this video turn me off really bad...i didn´t like it ...sorry ...hate the colors and the track that is shown in the video, and the power ups and design overall is just ok.  :(

Wow, this looks really fun. Might have a hard time putting the controller down when I get this :P

And to the people complaining about the track, I've seen INCREDIBLE tracks from earlier showings of the game.

It is definitely going to deliver, and who cares anyway? You can make your own tracks ^_^

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Torillian said:
Kantor said:
Well, PULLUSPARDUS, I think it looks pretty impressive. But, it's not doing much to distance itself from Mario Kart, is it?

To be honest, I'm not sure this warrants a Blu-ray release. It would be better off as a PSN/Budget game, IMO, like EyePet.

I remember the same being said about LBP, that it should be a PSN title.  I bought the game full price retail and have never regretted it for a second.  I expect this game to be the same.

But...LBP was incredible. It had such enormous amounts of content, such huge potential and endless possibilities, that it undoubtedly justified a Blu-ray release.

I'm not seeing anything like that here. I'm seeing karts driving around a circuit and occasionally shooting rockets at each other. And without, it seems, the fantastic track design of Mario Kart.

modnation racers has a track designer and a kart designer and a character designer, did you see the E3 video? i honestly think this game will be 100x better than mario kart, you have endless possibilities with this game

For me gameplay footage is when they show you how you actually play he game, I don't like these videos with switching cameras and stuff...

Mario kart with better graphics
customizable characters, vehicles and tracks
online play

i'd pay 50$ for it.

radiantshadow92 said:
Kantor said:
Torillian said:
Kantor said:

modnation racers has a track designer and a kart designer and a character designer, did you see the E3 video? i honestly think this game will be 100x better than mario kart, you have endless possibilities with this game

I did see the E3 video, yes, and I was hoping they would add more, but they don't seem to be. Yes, it has a track designer and kart designer and character designer, but can you make tracks as varied as LBP levels? Can you change the karts into cheetahs or rocket cars?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

libellule said:
track is shit and kill all the fun

looks boring to me

You know you can make your own tracks....so problem solved