By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu FF XIII imperfect score explained

GAAHHH I forgot Dragon Age: Origins, how could I! I'm also getting NSMBW soon.
I'll probably only end up playing SF 2, and Xenosaga was a typo, I completely mean Xenogears. But I have to find a copy (some friends still have it so I should be fine) because I lost mine =(

As for Too Human, it's really not good, but I like to finish games I buy (full trophies/achievements) so I'm really just playing it for that. It has some interesting ideas for a combat system (pretty much all combat is done with the analog sticks, buttons use skills) but it has some VERY distinct flaws. Like being boring, or having barely any story for a 21st century RPG.

Eternal Sonata is cool, I'm a musician, pianist/trumpeter/guitarist/singer and I love Chopin =)
Decent story, okay characters, graphics are meh, but I like the challenge in the NG+ mode.

I like Vesperia so far, but I'm only about 7 hours in, so who knows how I'll feel later. Many friends have told me it's good though, and I like playing MP RPGS.

LO is my favorite Xbox RPG so far, I love the story, the characters, the little side stories; some parts are very moving for me. I have to finish that first.

Oh and I forgot the new Star Ocean, kinda working on that too. Gah I neeeeed more time.

Around the Network

@r505Matt

I completely understand, I wish I had more time for gaming myself >_
Haven't played the new Star Ocean as well, i'm waiting for the International Version to arrive.

You'll have tons of fun with Xenogears, it's one of the best JRPG's ever made, and one of the best stories in any entertainement medium :)

Dragon Age: Origins has quickly become one of my favourite Bioware games ever. It takes everything good from Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and KOTOR and mixes them up in an epic fantasy setting. The story is a bit cliche (good vs evil) but the execution is superb. If you can, get it for PC ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I already have DA:O for 360, and with the craziness that is 2010 coming up, I can't afford extra purchases =P I'm barely into it too, I keep starting over with new characters -.-]

I LOVE Xenogears, I played through it maybe 3 times? But sadly, my awful memory, I can't remember it (had a car accident when I was younger, have had some minor memory issues ever since, so some games/movies and such I just completely forget, but I remember the experience). So I must play it again.

Star Ocean is cool, I didn't get too far into it either, but Star Ocean 2 is one of my favorite RPGs ever, so I may be biased =)

Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, FF6, Phantasy Star 4, Mass Effect, Kotor, SF2 and 3, these are probably my favorite RPGs, though I am probably missing some.

Ugh, and I'm finishing Super Mario Galaxy, restarted Super Paper Mario, trying to play Zelda Twilight Princess, and recently got Metroid Prime Trilogy. Why does my list of current games get bigger the more I think about it =P

happy with the 39/40.. especially if that puts XIII on another level that XII

i really hope is more like VII, VIII or X (well, IX too but we all know it's not really the case)

This bears saying.

Around the Network

@r505Matt

I only started with new characters on DA:O when I finished my first playthrough, in order to get all Origin achievements (PC has them too).

Wow, sorry to hear that, that must have been a terrible experience for you :(

Star Ocean 2 was a really great game, but my favourite so far is Till The End of Time, that game was as massive as they come xD

My favourite RPG's are Lufia 2, Parasite Eve, Terranigma, Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy VI, Diablo 2, Demon's Souls, Shining Force 2 and Baldur's Gate 2, i'm also missing some, but I would be here all day listing them :P

SMG is an awesome game, but NSMBWii is the best Mario game on the Wii so far :) (I'm a bit biased as well, since i'm a sucker for 2D games), hope you have fun with Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Trilogy, all of them are really masterpieces :D

(I think we are doing a huge off-topic in here, maybe we should stop before we get warnings from mods or OP creator :P)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Khuutra

That's pretty funny.

@Khuutra

That's too funny, but it actually portraits the common mentality. People are never satisfied with anything, even if that anything is close to perfection (even when people are far from perfect).

If this trend goes on, even Shovelware will have to get perfect scores or there will be massive meltdowns in the gaming community.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@Khuutra

That's too funny, but it actually portraits the common mentality. People are never satisfied with anything, even if that anything is close to perfection (even when people are far from perfect).

If this trend goes on, even Shovelware will have to get perfect scores or there will be massive meltdowns in the gaming community.

Wii music deserved 10/10! STOP HATING ON IT LETATDARK!

/sarcasm

comparing past famitsu reviews is worthless, perfect scores used to be extremely rare, now they are giving them away to every big game. I'm actually really surprised FF13 didn't get a perfect score, just because it's FF13.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X