By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu FF XIII imperfect score explained

Famitsu FF XIII imperfect score explained, and all of FF games scores by Famitsu

Now with Famitsu’s Final Fantasy XIII score is up (39/40), there are many fans who are questioning why the game hasn’t got a perfect (40/40) score from Famitsu. Famitsu score system, which consists of four reviewers rating games on a scale of 1-10 has given the latest entry in the Final Fantasy series: (10, 9, 10, 10).

According to one of the reviewers, up until the mid-way point of the game, the story seemed be linear and that it didn’t offer any new “gimmicks” in its story telling. Though, all of the reviewers have praised the game’s well done cut scenes and strategic combat system.

Although the game hasn’t got a perfect score from Famitsu, I think that the game will be fantastic. For comparison’s sake, here’s how Famitsu has scored other Final Fantasy games:

Final Fantasy I – 35
Final Fantasy II – 35
Final Fantasy III – 36
Final Fantasy IV – 36
Final Fantasy V – 34
Final Fantasy VI – 37
Final Fantasy VII – 38
Final Fantasy VIII – 37
Final Fantasy IX – 38
Final Fantasy X – 39
Final Fantasy XI – 38
Final Fantasy XII- 40
Final Fantasy XIII – 39

Around the Network

The guy who gave out a 9 in the Famitsu said he was harsh since it was the "highly regarded" FF series.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

The only 40, had gone to one of the worst FF in my recollection?

I am not concerned, especially since, 39 is not bad at all and, better FF games have gotten lower scores before.

that guy just wanted attention

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

And people here said I was the one having a meltdown.

Around the Network
Severance said:
that guy just wanted attention

lol, good point - "I'm gonna be THAT guy!"

Maybe his expectations were to high? Really a game doesn't necessarily need any new “gimmicks” to be good imo.

For example I'd happily play sequel to Final Fantasy I with the same Battle system and all.

"That guy" has now to be very careful on the night streets of Toyko on his way back home after work.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Having no "gimmicks" is a bad thing now?

^Apparently it is for this reviewer.