By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles has its HIGHEST Sales Week in NA - 1 Million possible?!

im debating whether to buy this game or not. i saw it at gamestop for $16. im a rpg fan and have played only enchanted arms on the ps3. (sent via Blackberry)

Around the Network

What can I say. VC deserves it. Sega FTW!!!

Vagabund said:
KillerMan said:
Nope because it sold so poorly in Europe. I blame lack of localization (though it is sad that people can't play game without their native language even though they can understand english fine.) Slim chance if it continues to sell over 5k per week after holidays.

Only to a small degree... I blame lack of advertising and lack of target demographics (an anime-style S-JRPG is even more niche in Europe than it is in America)

Yeah. I agree that those are also big factors (also low stock, I had hard time to just find this game) but it is just so sad to see so low sales in Europe for such amazing game. =/

I want to happy but can't since this could hurt the chance for my Skies of Arcadia 2!

Former something....

jarrod said:
Riachu said:
Demon's Souls is dong great. Sony must be silly for not publishing the game here and instead letting Atlus get it. Atlus have been gaining momentum since Persona 3 and its really going. I wouldn't be suprised if this game got atleast close to million copies sold. Valkyria Chronicles...not sure.

It's probably FROM's biggest (and most unexpected) hit since Chromehounds.  Is SCEE publishing it themselves?  If so, I definitely think it could crack a million worldwide.

Except Demon's Souls is getting great reviews and Chromehounds didn't.  It is getting word of the mouth that is very rare in this industry.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
Vagabund said:
KillerMan said:
Nope because it sold so poorly in Europe. I blame lack of localization (though it is sad that people can't play game without their native language even though they can understand english fine.) Slim chance if it continues to sell over 5k per week after holidays.

Only to a small degree... I blame lack of advertising and lack of target demographics (an anime-style S-JRPG is even more niche in Europe than it is in America)

Yeah. I agree that those are also big factors (also low stock, I had hard time to just find this game) but it is just so sad to see so low sales in Europe for such amazing game. =/

Amazon doesn't exist in Europe?

Europe's problem is that majority buys various shite instead of good games. Go see P4's sales.

Riachu said:
jarrod said:
Riachu said:
Demon's Souls is dong great. Sony must be silly for not publishing the game here and instead letting Atlus get it. Atlus have been gaining momentum since Persona 3 and its really going. I wouldn't be suprised if this game got atleast close to million copies sold. Valkyria Chronicles...not sure.

It's probably FROM's biggest (and most unexpected) hit since Chromehounds.  Is SCEE publishing it themselves?  If so, I definitely think it could crack a million worldwide.

Except Demon's Souls is getting great reviews and Chromehounds didn't.  It is getting word of the mouth that is very rare in this industry.

CH had middling reviews but really strong word of mouth too.  It grew a really dedicated community too (way stronger than AC4), I'm surprised FROM never followed it up with a sequel or port.

Demon's Souls success reminds me a little of it, only the media reviews are much stronger and it's done well in Japan too.

lol i'm getting convinved to buying the game :P hopefully i'll buy the 1 millionth copy

OT: OMG!!! 999 posts!! :D

kopstudent89 said:
lol i'm getting convinved to buying the game :P hopefully i'll buy the 1 millionth copy

OT: OMG!!! 999 posts!! :D

Someone ban this guy before its too late xD

If they add trophies I will buy it