By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles has its HIGHEST Sales Week in NA - 1 Million possible?!

darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Has a 3rd place console ever done these things before?

Tales of Symphonia

Key word: thing(s)

Super Monkey Ball, Soulcalibur 2, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe, etc.  GameCube was loaded with lower profile Japanese developed hits (which in many cases even outsold their PS2 counterparts), Namco and Sega especially did really well on the machine.

Did the Gamecube accomplish HALF of what the PS3 has, no. That was the point.

Pre-slim, PS3 was tracking in line with GC hardware and behind in software.  Guess Nintendo should've considered a "GameCube Slim"?

thats impossible

PS3 was the 3rd fastest selling home console of all time EVEN BEFORE the PS3 slim

so it couldn't have been tracking below gamecube

& to add one more thing

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=WSC&reg3=All&weeks=163

PS3 was ALMOST 10 million AHEAD of the gamecube in the same timeframe

thats the last nail in that coffin

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I want to buy it but i can't find it anywhere.

Little Big planet is doing Great .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Soriku said:
Nice job. They should've kept VC2 on the PS3 instead, I doubt it'll pull these type of sales on the PSP...

It won't be possible soriku

they did that for Japan

lets see how it does there on the PSP

If I were them I'd make a PSN downloadable release on PS3 for NA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How much cheaper is it to develop a psp game though?

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Tales of Symphonia

Super Monkey Ball, Soulcalibur 2, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe, etc.  GameCube was loaded with lower profile Japanese developed hits (which in many cases even outsold their PS2 counterparts), Namco and Sega especially did really well on the machine.

Pre-slim, PS3 was tracking in line with GC hardware and behind in software.  Guess Nintendo should've considered a "GameCube Slim"?

Tracking in line? lol

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=WSC&reg3=All&weeks=163

The gamecube's total software shipments were 208 million as of the end of '07.  The PS3 is at 177.5 million as of last week sold to consumers, and that isn't even counting games that aren't tracked.  Quit making things up.

I suppose you might be talking about Japan, but that doesn't make sense in a thread about NA sales.

Sorry, I meant US.  Though it's actually similar in Japan.... where PS3 really pulled ahead was Europe, where it was already ahead of GameCube's ltd pre-slim.

jarrod said:
Yakuzaice said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Tales of Symphonia

Tracking in line? lol

The gamecube's total software shipments were 208 million as of the end of '07.  The PS3 is at 177.5 million as of last week sold to consumers, and that isn't even counting games that aren't tracked.  Quit making things up.

I suppose you might be talking about Japan, but that doesn't make sense in a thread about NA sales.

Sorry, I meant US.  Though it's actually similar in Japan.... where PS3 really pulled ahead was Europe, where it was already ahead of GameCube's ltd pre-slim.

Eh, the PS3 has been pulling away all year despite pretty terrible sales in the first half.  Gamecube only came close due to the cut to $99 in holiday '03 ('08 for PS3).

Gamecube had shipped ~97.7 million units of software by march 2005.  PS3 was at 77.5 million when the slim launched (sold, not shipped, and not counting games that aren't tracked of course).  Last year it did 27.5 million in the same time frame.  So even if it had a relatively poor Q3+4 like last year it would have beaten Gamecube software shipments by at least 10+ million.

CGI-Quality said:
impur1ty said:
CGI-Quality said:
impur1ty said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Tales of Symphonia

Who knows? All I now is, the PS3 is the first 3rd place console to consistently shatter expectations...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not against the Cube, in fact it was my 2nd favoriyte console last gen, and I don't want to minimize it's merits. However, I just don't recall it ever receiving the kind of buzz the PS3 has.

Saturn tracks quite a lot above it in Japan, that did well for 3rd place.

The Saturn? O_o

That ended up being one the biggest blunders of the industry, and it's a shame because I really enjoyed the Saturn, a console I still us to this day. However, it is hardly comparable to the PS3.

I did say in Japan, isn't the PS3 the biggest blunder in the industry so far?

A blunder is a failure. Last time I checked, the PS3 is still breaking records, something the Saturn could only dream of. Right now, the lowest selling console in Japan is the Xbox 360, and even IT has broken records there. The PS3 is still breaking records, yes even in Japan (Yakuza/Metal Gear come to mind). Hardly a blunder...In fact, this gen has none.

ok but he's talking about Japan, you know up untilt he midway through this year the PS3 was tracking below the gamecube in Japan, the gamecube that sold 4 million.  Saturn sold 6 million in Japan, it's still tracking below that and although things are looking better in Japan for PS3 6 million may or may not happen. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

GameCube software shipments as of March 2003 were already 60.49m. The platform basically died in 2004 though.

Has Sony been giving out software shipments, their reports are alittle more confusing to navigate (especially now post-reorganization)?

I would love to see this game hit at least 1 million. Do what ever you can to find/buy this game. It's just a phenomial game, it's one of my favorite games in a long time.

PSN ID: KingFate_