By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - RATM - Killing in the Name for UK christmas No.1

UPDATE: The group has doubled in size since I posted the OP. Now 440,000. About 70,000 members a day are joining. If this carries on, there should have about 750,000-800,000 members by Sunday. That is more than enough to reach No.1 if every member buys a copy (obviously not going to happen).

Around the Network

I joined

BUY, BUY, BUY!!!

So now is the time to purchase Killing in the Name by Rage against the Machine. You can buy it from iTunes, Play.com, HMV.com etc (check the info bar on the facebook group for more infomation).

At the moment KitN is 14th on iTunes, 5th on play.com and 2nd on hmv.com.

If you are going to buy more than one copy (like me), buy it ONCE from no more than 3 different sites. If you buy it 10 times from iTunes for example, it won't count.

DO NOT BUY FROM AMAZON.CO.UK AS THAT WON'T COUNT EITHER!

Hrm, RATM is probably my favorite band ever, saw them at their second show after reuniting, Rock The Bells (NYC 2007). That was... awesome. Totally worth the ~$200 I paid.

I'm not from the UK though, so good luck with the cause!

edit: Tried to follow the link, but it broke. Was the facebook group killed? lol

c0rd said:

Hrm, RATM is probably my favorite band ever, saw them at their second show after reuniting, Rock The Bells (NYC 2007). That was... awesome. Totally worth the ~$200 I paid.

I'm not from the UK though, so good luck with the cause!

edit: Tried to follow the link, but it broke. Was the facebook group killed? lol

No, its just a bug at the moment. Should be back up soon.

Around the Network

News flash! Rage are saying that if they get xmas no.1 tomorrow they will play a free UK gig in celebration! :O!!!

http://www.gigwise.com/news/53954/Rage-Against-The-Machine-Plan-UK-Victory-Gig-If-Christmas-Campaign-Is-Successful

There is just 12 hours left and if you buy it from amazons mp3 download section it will cost 29p so just do it!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_5_7?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=killing+in+the+name+of+rage+against+the+machine&sprefix=killing

Plus they are donating lots of the money made from the sales to the charity "Shelter"

According to the facebook group, the X-Factor has moved ahead by 11,000 units as of midnight last night. Given that today will likely be the biggest days sales for the X-factor song on the high street it doesn't look like RATM will make it . Bought my copy anyway.

Are they selling it at retail?

Im off shopping today, if i see it... Might make purchase number 3