By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - RATM - Killing in the Name for UK christmas No.1

tombi123 said:
Seece said:
Why, the song is shit?! I'm all for knocking X Factor off it's perch, but with that song? no chance ..

Any friends who are RATM fans?? Buy it for them for christmas

Never even heard of them until I listed to their song, I was genuinly hoping it would be catchy and half decent to knock the x factor winner off.

How about we get a reputable artist make a good decent CHRISTMAS song, and get that to number 1? who want's to listen to EITHER of those songs around christmas time .. lol

Around the Network
Seece said:
tombi123 said:
Seece said:
Why, the song is shit?! I'm all for knocking X Factor off it's perch, but with that song? no chance ..

Never even heard of them until I listed to their song, I was genuinly hoping it would be catchy and half decent to knock the x factor winner off.

How about we get a reputable artist make a good decent CHRISTMAS song, and get that to number 1? who want's to listen to EITHER of those songs around christmas time .. lol

RATM were one of the most popular bands of the 90's... and this song was chosen because its the perfect song to say f**k you to Cowell. 

People wanted to listen to Mad World a couple of christmas' ago, which is one of the most depressing songs ever. It beat The Darkness to Christmas No.1 somehow.

tombi123 said:
Seece said:
tombi123 said:
Seece said:

RATM were one of the most popular bands of the 90's... and this song was chosen because its the perfect song to say f**k you to Cowell. 

People wanted to listen to Mad World a couple of christmas' ago, which is one of the most depressing songs ever. It beat The Darkness to Christmas No.1 somehow.

People are wasting energy hating on cowell, I honestly don't think many people even care, I don't mind the x factor (I watch it) I just want a nice christmas theme song to be the big thing this year.

MadWorld was indeed TOO depressing, I hated it.

By the way, Rage are second favourites (7-1) to get the christmas No.1 behind the X Factor winner, on William Hill.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/search/?sCriteria=christmas

@ Seece

But he's a douche xD

If you're not into Rage thats fine, but if you want to buy the X Factor single, please wait until the 20th

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@ Seece

But he's a douche xD

If you're not into Rage thats fine, but if you want to buy the X Factor single, please wait until the 20th

He can be a douche yeah, and no I never buy any Xfactor singles.

I'll be buying Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas. yearly tradition

nice

RATM are 3-1 to get the top spot without X-Factor.

Not the best RATM song - certainly not the most imaginative =P

But yeah, RATM probably > Oasis musically. Though Oasis is more catchy.

Also Oasis with Wonderwall and RATM with Killing in the Name created two of the best drunken songs of all time.

I would love it if rage against the machine topped the charts!