By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Uncharted 2!!!!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

It ticks all the boxes. Fantastic single player. Fantastic multiplayer. Fantastic graphics. Fantastic sound. Fantastic value.

One of the best games ever.

No mention of Chloe Frazer?

I'm disappointed in you

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Boutros said:
KylieDog said:

It would have been 9.5 if not for the fact that post-release patches have ruined the multiplayer.

Day one I could play Plunder easily but then they did an update that grouped every single objective based game into one menu, forcing you to either keep quitting from matchmaking to XMB then relaunching game or playing a game mode that you do not like.

Then to make it worse they released a patch that gives you a $40,000 point fine if you disconnect from a match or game lobby once vote has finished in any form which can also cause you to lose levels.

Quite often matches will not make it past the loading screen if someone else quits during the load, leaving you no choice but to quit to XMB or else it stays on loading screen forever, when you retsart game you'll get punished that $40,000 because it still counts as quit.

In co-op when someone else leaves the games ends, 50/50 chance it will punish you $40,000 even if you were not the one who quit, another problem is you start co-op them someone goes AFK and you cannot progress and eventually you'll have to quit yourself, terrible easy form of griefing.

I find that for every $1000 I earn about $500 of that gets fined for quits that I did not willingly do, or even at all.

Other issues

- Freezing bug still in chapter 25...they know about it, 3 updates yet still no fix?
- Lame skill ranking system
- Melee sync online is poor
- Poor matchmaking system

There's now a playlist with only Plunder. Just so that you know.

Shhh. KylieDog is only allowed to like one game per year, and he already likes RE5.

I give it a 10, no doubt about it

Uncharted 1 (before uncharted 2) is my fave PS3 game, and the sequel surpasses it in all fronts, especially graphically which is a BOLD statement.

Naughty dog outdone itself by releasing this sequel,, Technically this is a Marvel of a game, every gamer (bias aside) should at least give it a go, Some scenes and places are to be seen to be believed (top of the hotel, shamballa, Tibet village, .....)

The gameplay is comprised of: Platforming + fights (gun+melee) + a little bit of stealth, and all three of those are perfected in this sequel

the story is fantastic, the ending put a smile on my face, without spoiling anything, this how i wanted the story to end (which girl to chose)

Online play is the best multipayer thing i ever played. and i'm not into online play, but this game got me hooked, especially the coop stages

all in all, this is the second best sequel ever for me (after Resident evil 2), and a must have to all Ps3 gamers

(it ended as a mini review :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Kantor said:
Boutros said:
KylieDog said:

It would have been 9.5 if not for the fact that post-release patches have ruined the multiplayer.

Day one I could play Plunder easily but then they did an update that grouped every single objective based game into one menu, forcing you to either keep quitting from matchmaking to XMB then relaunching game or playing a game mode that you do not like.

Then to make it worse they released a patch that gives you a $40,000 point fine if you disconnect from a match or game lobby once vote has finished in any form which can also cause you to lose levels.

Quite often matches will not make it past the loading screen if someone else quits during the load, leaving you no choice but to quit to XMB or else it stays on loading screen forever, when you retsart game you'll get punished that $40,000 because it still counts as quit.

In co-op when someone else leaves the games ends, 50/50 chance it will punish you $40,000 even if you were not the one who quit, another problem is you start co-op them someone goes AFK and you cannot progress and eventually you'll have to quit yourself, terrible easy form of griefing.

I find that for every $1000 I earn about $500 of that gets fined for quits that I did not willingly do, or even at all.

Other issues

- Freezing bug still in chapter 25...they know about it, 3 updates yet still no fix?

Shhh. KylieDog is only allowed to like one game per year, and he already likes RE5.

Don't forget:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2860890&page=1&postnum=13

Very strange indeed.

Boutros said:
Kantor said:
Boutros said:
KylieDog said:

Other issues

Don't forget:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2860890&page=1&postnum=13

Very strange indeed.

That was last year. But then, he also liked Fallout 3... =O

Let's take him to a doctor.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Boutros said:
KylieDog said:

Other issues

They do that with last fridays update (new map)?  The point remains for other game modes though, too grouped and the vote sometimes gives the same game mode for both options.   It is the 40k penalty that is the real cause for drop in score though, ND site full of complaints about it.

Yes I think it came with the last update.

I, myself, really don't have any issues about the 40k penalty. Games are usually 10 minutes long anyway.

Take my love, take my land..

9.9/10

Great graphics. Good variety of locations doesn't suffer of monochrome pallet used by a lot of games with great visuals.
Great controls that are easy to master. Excellent mix of platforming and action.
Excellent soundtrack.
Outstanding voice acting and interesting characters.
Good story.
Good online mode.

I wonder.....what would happen if I took your "next game is" game and consistently made a thread about it before you, yo_john117? The VG$ would be mine! ALL MINE!!!

Visuals are stunning
Voice overs
Storyline
Characters
Chloe is hot
Settings
Addition of Multiplayer
Co-op Mp.

The game is genius

10/10