By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outsold Xbox360 by 300k for this week. How much until end of year?

Soriku said:
kowenicki said:

@postofficebuddy

dunno... I just feel the recent ramping up of wii sales was totally out of leftfield when compared with the rest of the year. I was literally shocked when i read the wii numbers in the BF preview.... only my opinion. 

But in the actual data for the week Wii sold 609k. 500k from the US as Nintendo said and then 109k from everywhere else is pretty feasible to me...

Why would the rest of Americas increase by a huge amount when Black Friday is a US only event? This week's America numbers should be pretty much 100% US.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

yeah but what he's sayin too is that wii numbers for the whole month seem off. i'd expect its overtracked in NA by 200-300k for the month easy, and so are games like MK, WSR, and mario and sonic

Soriku said:
kowenicki said:

@postofficebuddy

dunno... I just feel the recent ramping up of wii sales was totally out of leftfield when compared with the rest of the year. I was literally shocked when i read the wii numbers in the BF preview.... only my opinion. 

But in the actual data for the week Wii sold 609k. 500k from the US as Nintendo said and then 109k from everywhere else is pretty feasible to me...

Doesnt US usually count for 90% of NA sales? On BF week you would expect that to increase to almost 99%.

plus ninty announced 550k not 500k. I siad before numbers should be about 580k for NA, but 610 is not that far off i guess so

kowenicki said:
which reminds me... no weekly analysis this week?

No software numbers out either.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Is Sony going to launch more of those bundles?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

kowenicki said:
@carl

Adjustments? I'd say thats a certainty.

I'm also expecting a bit of a meltdown come NPD. I have a feeling the Wii has been overtracked in the US all month.

why oh why do you have that feeling?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:
@soriku

yeah they did say just over 500k... which is just over half what the preview said. thats weird.

No, they said more than 550k

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=21140

heruamon said:
Is Sony going to launch more of those bundles?

Too bad that Sony didn't have more bundles for Black Friday.  They could have sold another 250k in America more than the Xbox360.

ps3 should keep outselling the 360 by alot from now till the end of the year. ps3 is gonna see some abnormally large increases as its at a new price now and you just never know how high its gonna sell. to put it in short new ps3 price = selling like hot cakes! i think ps3 will close the gap by 500k on final fantasy week alone! maybe even more.