By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outsold Xbox360 by 300k for this week. How much until end of year?

kowenicki said:
If that was aimed at me..... No I wasnt. Never been a Sony fan...

I do however like the PS3.

is this a joke? or do you mean you like PLAYING the ps3, but want it to fail sales wize

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Around the Network

I guess he means he likes the system, but hates the business decisions that caused the PS3 to be such a hated console at the start of this generation.

kowenicki said:
killuminiti said:
kowenicki said:

is this a joke? or do you mean you like PLAYING the ps3, but want it to fail sales wize

I dont want it to fail... I want the 360 to succeed.... there is a big difference.

No, you were pro ps3, as in you wanted the ps3 to do well a couple years back, and were in love with the ps3, now it seems you are pro 360, and just "like" the ps3.

mM
kowenicki said:
killuminiti said:
kowenicki said:

I dont want it to fail... I want the 360 to succeed.... there is a big difference.

You want the 360 to segnificantly beat the ps3, judging from ur post history

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

kowenicki, in your view, hasn´t the 360 already 'succeeded'?...let´s assume the PS3 keeps outselling it for the rest of this generation...even then, the Xbox brand will have gained strenght and the 360 will have sold much more than its predecessor...that´s enough success in my book.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

is that some kind of joke? read your posts again! you hate the ps3. if you liked it then you would have been loving these sales butyou aint! its like your the 360's dad trying to protect it!

@ Solidsnake 08 - I like my PS3 and 360.. but i dont love any of their sales. I dont see how loving sales is a requirement for liking a product. Liking a product isn't synonym with one having to get some sort of validation of complete success regarding all aspects of that product. One might just like it for what it does for you at the moment.

kowenicki said:
@jgarrett

Yes it has. There is no doubt the 360 is a massive success by pretty much any measure.

A massive success? What measure would that be?

-It's a distant, unprofitable second which is exactly where it was last gen.

-The only console it's managed to outsell all generation is the last place console, and even then, most of that lead is due to having a year head start. If you look at the gap in userbase, it's only managed to outsell the PS3 by <2 million units. So even if it does finish ahead of the PS3, it's not going to be a decisive victory at all, and it would only be because of all the mistakes that Sony made, not necessarily because of any strategic decisions my MS.

-Just like its predecessor, it's dead in a major region.

-Once again, it's failed to reach anyone but core and hardcore gamers.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Yeah....I wouldn't call the 360 a "success" either. Especially not a "massive success".

They're still 6+ billion dollars in the hole, they're still in 2nd place (for now). huge problems with hardware etc.

Not saying that the PS3 is successful either, but calling the 360 a massive success is flat out ridiculous.

the one problem the 360 always had wasnever being able to get the casual audience. even by cutting the price all the time which resulted in 360 being the cheapest and yet they havnt really managed to get the casuals in. sony are already starting to hook the casuals onto the ps3 whilst still being the most expensive.