By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is NSMB Wii worthy of the title Game Of The Year?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
lol, here we go with sales again.

Alright then. Modern Warfare 2 for GOTY! Unless Mario sells another 14 million in the next 5 weeks.

NSMB Wii= Tons of leg

MW2= Very little leg

Mario will eventually outsell MW2

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

LOL, the sheep guy was banned, I agree with ant-U2, but I knew this fight would drag him down, he was a little (too) stuborn, after analyzing I (and millions of people) will preffer mario wii, and it will
be remembered more, but uncharted 2 has more "quality", "efford" and those are the points for GOTY (I still hate shooting)

I don't know if this game (NSMBWii) deserves to be game of the year (haven't played it yet) but I do have a problem with people who say that it doesn't deserve to be considered just because it's 2D or a platformer etc. There seems to be a mentality among SOME people that a game has to be 3D and has to have cinematics to be considered in the upper echelon of gaming and I just think it's very narrow-minded perspective.

Furthermore half of the people arguing in this thread haven't played one or the other games being discussed, which is fine, you can only vouch for games that you have played but you can't stand there with a straight face and say that 'your' game IS better. Why wouldn't you be interested in trying the other game to see if it is in fact better than your game of the year? I don't understand this blind loyalty that some people have to a particular company or a particular gaming franchse, the only loyalty you should have as a gamer is to the experience of gaming.

@harob: Some people don't like the genre, I would never buy a shooting (hate metroid prime), simulator, or tetris-like puzzle, as some don't like platformers, or sports or racing or rpg or fighting, it is all up to personal taste, that's why I liked the "What is YOUR GOTY so far in 2009", nobody can say x game don't deserve it because it is up to everyone's taste

morenoingrato said:
@harob: Some people don't like the genre, I would never buy a shooting (hate metroid prime), simulator, or tetris-like puzzle, as some don't like platformers, or sports or racing or rpg or fighting, it is all up to personal taste, that's why I liked the "What is YOUR GOTY so far in 2009", nobody can say x game don't deserve it because it is up to everyone's taste

Yeah and that's fine.  If a game doesn't draw you in or doesn't motivate you enough to want to play it then that is a mark against it, which is ok, not everyone is going to like or be interested in one particular game regardless of how good it is.

My point was that without playing the other game they can't definitively debate that 'their' game is better , only that it's their personal pick and appeals to them much more than the other.

p.s. and for you to say you hate Metroid Prime you must have rocks in your head :P

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
lol, here we go with sales again.

Alright then. Modern Warfare 2 for GOTY! Unless Mario sells another 14 million in the next 5 weeks.

NSMB Wii= Tons of leg

MW2= Very little leg

Mario will eventually outsell MW2

But Modern Warfare will sell more in 2009. Therefore it is GOTY 2009. You cannot argue with this logic because it is your own and also you're banned :P

@harob: it is shooting, genre, and I do have the triology, yet I limed the story and
the difficulty I was empty when I finished it

also I can hate any game, I said I hated, not that it "sucks", and it is my personal taste, aren't videogames aboit personal taste?

Gintoki said:
Buzzi said:
Gintoki said:
Buzzi said:

The game doesn't have online!!

Ha!...

Regarding your consoles, you're supposed to defend Mario!

The smile says I was sarcastic!

I always support Nintendo, the online problem is something all reviewers said but for me NSMBW it's GOTY anyway.

Like Phoenix I always trust my customers.

I was too. I just could not resist to raise an objection when I saw yours.

I agree it is goty

ps:That was funny.

All games are bad for children and therefore Mario is bad and does not deserve GotY!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Gintoki said:
Buzzi said:
Gintoki said:
Buzzi said:

The game doesn't have online!!

Ha!...

Regarding your consoles, you're supposed to defend Mario!

The smile says I was sarcastic!

I always support Nintendo, the online problem is something all reviewers said but for me NSMBW it's GOTY anyway.

Like Phoenix I always trust my customers.

I was too. I just could not resist to raise an objection when I saw yours.

I agree it is goty

ps:That was funny.

All games are bad for children and therefore Mario is bad and does not deserve GotY!

Oh my! Jack Thomson?????????????????????

By the way, since when are there children in court?