By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Overload (or why I'm not getting a PS3 or 360 anytime soon)

For the record I lost my job a while back and its been great for me to catch up on my gaming......I dont want to spend my $$$ on anything so I just sit around and catch up on my DS/Wii/GC and other gaming.

But I will still find a way to buy galaxy

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

yes i totally have this problem!! my roommate gets mad at me cuz i have tons of great games that i haven't beat and many, especially ps1 rpgs, that i haven't even started. shame on me. i just keep buying games when i haven't beat the ones i own. and yes i buy sequals to games that i haven't beat yet and so i can't play them till i beat the predecessors. i have ff 7,8,9 but i haven't even beat 7 yet. i haven't beat LoZ MM, WW, TP, and even now i'm going through A Link to the Past for the first time. I really wanna buy Metroid Prime 3 but i'm just about to beat the first one then i gotta beat the second one which i own before i can buy the third. and so many games years ago i played like half way through but never got around to beating so i'll have to start all over cuz its been too long (eterrnal darkness, ff7, kingdom hearts are some of the amazing games that i've done this with). I currently have 46 games that i REALLY want to beat, a lot of them i haven't ever even played and they range from nes, snes, genesis, n64, GC, Wii, ps, ps2,Xbox, DC. so basically every modern system i have. and 20 of those are rpgs. its gonna take forever to beat all these especially when there are so many great wii games i wanna get and i'll probably be getting a 360 next year and so instantly have like 10 more games i wanna get/beat.

the life of a gamer is hard!

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

I've bought about 4 times as many VC games as I can finish.

Still need to finish MP3. Need to finish Super Metroid (again) as well.

Then I need to figure out how much I'm going to buy this Christmas, argh.

---

I have a similar problem justifying a PSP purchase. There are 3 games that I want to get that I know will be supermondofantastico (remakes of Megaman X, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Final Fantasy Tactics) but there's so much stuff on my DS that I don't have the time to play those games. I just can't justify the $300 price tag for 3 PSP games when I could buy 8-10 DS games instead...

Maybe this is what Nintendo meant when they said "not everyone wants a 60 hour epic game."

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Shams, you only listed 15-20 games. Please tell me how that's a gaming overload.

grandmaster192 said:
Shams, you only listed 15-20 games. Please tell me how that's a gaming overload.

Sarcasm?

Around the Network

I feel your pain Shams. I purchased Twlight Princess for the Wii in August, and I haven't even opend it up yet. There are just too many damn games out there, and not nearly enough time. I promised myself I'd finish some of the games I purchased back in January before starting another game. I must have 12 unopened Wii/PS3/DS/360/PC games still sitting in the shrinkwrap.

When will it end...that's my question. How much money will we give to Nintendo (or third-parties) before this generation is over. This next year looks to have quite a few titles already on the list. Mario Kart, SSBB, No More Heroes, WiiFit (We're gonna buy it....just to see). Now what happens when they start announcing juicy bombshells like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Kid Icarus?

MontanaHatchet said:

shams said:

"DDR may not launch here until next year - in which case maybe High School Musical II might get a purchase instead."

Wait........really?!

From what I have seen, DDR doesn't get here for months. Which is great IMO :)

As for High School Musical II:

i) Its not for me - although I love singing, anyone in my vicinity instantly goes insane then deaf. Its for my girl.

ii) Waiting on reviews.

This is why I was so all big on Boogie - until it turned out to be crap. When a singing game doesn't recognise that you are actually singing... its sort of pointless :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

super_etecoon said:
When will it end...that's my question. How much money will we give to Nintendo (or third-parties) before this generation is over. This next year looks to have quite a few titles already on the list. Mario Kart, SSBB, No More Heroes, WiiFit (We're gonna buy it....just to see). Now what happens when they start announcing juicy bombshells like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Kid Icarus?

I seriously doubt it will *ever* end.

Has there EVER been a year, that had LESS games launch than the previous year?

Nothing would please me more than a TOTAL 1-yr moratorium on new games. Then I could actually play the games I have now!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I only have 360 at mo.
Of which I currently have.

Halo 3
Crackdown
Lost Planet
Forza 2
Command and Conquer 3
Brian Lara Cricket
Fear
Bioshock
Kameo
Amped 3
Splinter Cell DA
Enchanted Arms
Perfect Dark Zero.

Of which I've finished 4!

Add to that the fact I'm getting a Wii for christmas with Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Mario Strikers. Plus Assasins Creed and Mass Effect.

I'M SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!