By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Overload (or why I'm not getting a PS3 or 360 anytime soon)

Sqrl said:
@Konni,

lol seems you saw it before my edit =P

Oh yeah I did .

Good thing to mention GEOW. 

Around the Network

@shams:

I don't buy them without the intention of playing them. I just buy too many of them and don't find the time to play each one. Then, as I mentioned, I feel compelled to pick up good deals on sequels to games that I haven't yet finished; these titles sit on the shelf waiting for me to get around to their predecessors. In the last two weeks, I've picked up four Wii games, three 360 games and a PS2 game. How could I ever find time for all that? It's stupid, really. There is a collector's element to it; like you, I virtually never sell or trade-in games and have a library reaching back to the NES. I do honestly hope to someday find time to play them all. But seriously, who am I kidding?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

konnichiwa said:
Sqrl said:
@Konni,

lol seems you saw it before my edit =P

Oh yeah I did .

Good thing to mention GEOW.

To be honest I had forgotten about it until I saw some videos on the main page of Gametrailers the other day.  Looks pretty good, but I am not exactly in love with the abundance of blood that seems to spew from everything....actually I am kind of thinking this guy should retire as a blood donor =P I would.

To Each Man, Responsibility
shams said:

1. Super Mario Galaxy - no question, no doubt - a instant day#1 purchase (even if I was broke). Sad.

2. Metroid Prime 3 - big fan of the Metroid series, finished previous two games. I think I really need to buy/play this - I can't imagine not doing so.

I highly recommend Metroid 3. Simply a blast. Sparkling controls, boss battles which are always tough but always fair, great pacing and level design, and some fine visuals and voice-acting. Who knew corruption could be so much fun!

I recommend Metroid 3 too. Still the best game in the series.

Oh, you meant Metroid PRIME 3, not Super Metroid. i recommend that too. On my second playthrough right now. :P

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I agree with the sentiment that whatever we own console wise we all win this year. However is the overabundance of triple A titles really bad for the industry as a whole?

I have a stack of must play titles to go through. Sure it will take me a while but I'll get to all of them eventually. The Dev's will still see my money. Are you saying some titles wont see the amount of sales they deserve because of gamers finacial limitations? If so I guess I agree with your point to a degree.

I'd rather see an overeabundance of good titles. Beats the usual few good titles with the rest of the years slate filled with mediocre ones as is typically the norm. I know it will vastly increse the amount of money I'm spending this and next year on gaming. I personally see it as a sign that the industry will continue to improve production value wise to get that pool of gamers money.

I've experienced backlog of games beginning with the DS. I don't even have time to turn on the Wii...

You think you feel bad, shams...I'm still catching up with my host of Gamecube games. At work I'm still messing with a load of GBA and GBC/GB games (Zelda: Oracle of Ages for one). When I get the DS this can only get worse.

I still haven't finished some games on NES, SNES, N64 yet! Was buying up an assload of those over the years only to have them just "in the collection" but hardly played in depth.

Got 2 VC titles I need to crack down on: Comix Zone & Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV (used to rent the hell out of this one back in the mid 90s).

Like a fool I actually bought more today. On GC: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life & its companion the GBA Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. Really late getting into the Harvest Moon craze and now I'm hooked! 

Then I bought another Wii game on the cheap. Rampage: Total Destruction.

Will not play Super Paper Mario until I finally beat Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. I'm a purist that way. Once beaten and enough money's in my pocket I'll buy up SPM.

Made sure to beat the last boss I got endlessly stuck on in Metroid Prime 2 before I even touched Metroid Prime 3 (which I need to get back to). Trauma Center: Second Opinion can make me lose all track of time if I'm not careful so I gotta make sure my day is free before I get into that one. Still got loads to do on Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. Tightening up on Excite Truck but having a hard time getting enough points to advance. I need MUCH practice on Super Mario Strikers. Everytime I go on Wi-Fi I get dominated! EMBARRASSINGLY!

This ain't counting all the games I want to get or the upcoming blockbusters.

Game overload is RIGHT. Your time just vanishes when you get older for some reason! Too many games, too little time!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Same situation here like most people.

Wii Games:
LoZ: TP - 40% finished
RE4 - maybe 10%

DS Games:
Castlevania - 30%
LoZ: PH - 30%

GC games:
FZero - 10%
LoZ: WW - 10%
Eternal Darknes - 0%
Viewtiful Joe - 30%

Now I really want to buy MP3, Z&W, SMG, RE: UC, Beyond Good & Evil (GC), Tales (GC) and am onsidering getting a PS2 for the sole reason of wanting to play Shadow of Colossus and ICO.

But then, should I with still having so many other games unfinished?

Just no time at all....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Eternal Darkness, now there's a game I actually played through three times to get the true ending. Good stuff. Now that I think of it, where the hell did I find the time to do that?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.