By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Overload (or why I'm not getting a PS3 or 360 anytime soon)

GooseGaws said:
@shams:

It might seem like a good idea to wait for six months to buy games, and get them cheaper. Then, you start to think, "well, now I can get two games instead of just one, four games instead of two, etc.". You think, "Hmm... Onimusha 3 for $14.99. Sounds good. Oh, then I should pick up Onimusha 2 for $9.99, and Genma Onimusha as well. Xenosaga Episode III? Well, the first one hasn't been in the system for more than five minutes, and the second is still in the wrap, but what the heck, might as well." And then, you end up having hundreds of games that you've barely touched. I just did a quick check of my shelves and I have over 30 games STILL IN THE WRAP.

Insanity, I know. Don't let this happen to you!

Maybe you should play your games...oh wait...I have the same problem. I have about the same number of PS2 games still wrapped.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

I missed the last 2 generations, so I am TRYING to catch up on all of the good N64 games on the VC, the best GC games, and of course the Wii games.  Not to mention SNK is putting Neo Geo games on the VC.  There aren't enough hours in the day to play all of these games!!!!

Count of wrapped games:

GC: 2
PS2: 8
XB: 12
360: 2
Wii: 1
DS: 3
GBA: 4

Amount of games purchased >>>>>>> time to play games. Regular video game deal hunting >>>>>>> basic common sense.

*sigh*

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

shams said:

tabsina said:

let alone all that, i've only just started Ocarina of Time Master Quest and have yet to finish Super Paper Mario..

Is that part of the VC purchase? I have never played Master Quest, and would love to revisit OoT at some point - such fond memories! 

Nah, I  got the VC game before i got master quest, and yeh, the VC game only has the original unfortunately (what i'm saying, its not a bad thing)... anywho, i didn't own a gamecube, and i wanted to play WW, found a good deal on ebay for it which happened to include the OoT/MQ bonus disk.. so i bought! :)

In case you are curious about the difference, the only thing i've noticed so far has been the dungeons (i've only been to deku tree, but you become surprised at just how different it is, even though it is more or less the same layout) and i think the golden skull. token locations.. i think.. well those are the only differences i've noticed so far anyways

GooseGaws said:
Count of wrapped games:

GC: 2
PS2: 8
XB: 12
360: 2
Wii: 1
DS: 3
GBA: 4

Amount of games purchased >>>>>>> time to play games. Regular video game deal hunting >>>>>>> basic common sense.

*sigh*

Maybe you start a help group. I really thought I was the only one with this problem. I'll bring beer.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

I agree with this topic 100%. I want a 360 for multiple reasons, but I'm only making 13 dollars an hour getting ready for college, and having a roomate. I dont have the money to buy tons of games. Right now I want zack and wiki, manhunt 2, and bwii. BUt the next game I"ll be getting (since i got gh3) will be mario galaxy. Hard time to be a wii owner.

@konnichiwa 

PC games of interest right now:

Witcher(PC) - Out Now

Gears of War(PC) - November 5th (iirc)
Call of Duty 4 (PC) - November 5th
Unreal Tournament 3(PC) - November '07
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(PC) - November 13th
Crysis (PC) - November 16th

Left 4 Dead(PC) - Early 2008
Assassin's Creed(PC) - 2008

Obviously some of those are console also....

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
PC games of interest right now:

Call of Duty 4 (PC) - November 5th
Unreal Tournament 3(PC) - November '07
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(PC) - November 13th
Crysis (PC) - November 16th

Left 4 Dead(PC) - Early 2008
Assassin's Creed(PC) - 2008

Obviously some of those are console also....

If you have only a Wii then I can understand that you want them all on the PC.

I am surprised that did not mention GEOW.  The PC version haves extra gameplay that makes the story more interesting and the game more fun to play.

@Konni,

lol seems you saw it before my edit =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

I only have a couple of "wrapped" games. The last 3 games I bought for the PS2 - I never played (God of War, San Andreas & DQVIII). God of War was lent to a friend (never returned), my housemate (a 16yr kid) has played San Andreas ... & DQVIII is still waiting to be opened.

I don't have any wrapped games for the DS or Wii - that would just be wrong. Why buy them, if you don't play them?

I do have a couple of games I played only once though. Including some (intentional) crap for the GC - such as Turok. I figure that since I'm in the industry, its worth owning some TRIPE that can be used for comparisons.

I also *never* (usually) sell my games - I still have all my N64 carts for instance & all GC titles. But I did make an exception on the Wii - I sold Harry Potter (completed) & Pinball Classics (played once) in exchange for SPM (something I don't regret at all!)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099