By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Greatest Game Ever? Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Offiical Thread

1) Thank you for making this thread.

2) You've taken up a lot of responsibility by doing this.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
In 1998 I'm sure it was amazing, but for me playing it for the first time ever in 2009, it's borderline unplayable.

Only way I can respond to that is your gaming skills are lacking haha.  Oh let's just hope MakingMusic never sees that comment.

Dr.Grass said:
1) Thank you for making this thread.

2) You've taken up a lot of responsibility by doing this.

Not too much reponsibility.  I understand how people react and think and know that a lot of things stated are simply going to be a defensive mechanism that such and such can never be the best.  I'm not trying to claime as a truth claim that it is the best game ever but leading in on its credibility for the official thread. 

But I know some people will just come in here to hate on it just for the sake of bringing down old popular games.  There are some people that only think new games can be good which I find to be quite sad.  But really just a thread talking about your likes and dislikes of the game and in the series as a whole and whether or not you think it deserves the critical accliam it has garnered. 

I personally won't say it's the greatest game ever, however, with it's impact on the gaming console industry, it can definitely be.

CommonMan said:
In 1998 I'm sure it was amazing, but for me playing it for the first time ever in 2009, it's borderline unplayable.

Unplayable? I just played it last night and had no problems.

Around the Network

METAL GEAR SOLID IV remains to be the best game I have ever played in my life...

never played zelda though

mM
leo-j said:
METAL GEAR SOLID IV remains to be the best game I have ever played in my life...

never played zelda though

As someone who has playedb oth I can pretty comfortably pick Ocarina over MGS4, though I would not call either the best game I've ever played.

I played OoT this year and I thought it is amazing

Snesboy said:
CommonMan said:

Unplayable? I just played it last night and had no problems.

Was it the first time you ever played it? For me having never played it before this year, it just didn't capture me enough to compete with all of the other offerings available. Now, I also played Metal Gear Solid (PS1) for the first time ever this year on my PS3 (I had a gap in gaming between 1995 when I graduated high school and 2001 when I bought a PS2, it was called college, drinking and girls), and that was good enough for me to put aside my current gen games long enough to play through (twice actually, the first time with the d-pad and the second time with analog control). So by "unplayable" I mean not interesting enough to play through compared to current gen offerings. Actually the only Zelda game since Link to the Past I've liked has been Phantom Hourglass on the DS (I LOVED it though, and can't wait for Spirit Tracks). I haven't played Wind Waker or Majora's Mask yet, I may try to get one or both of those in.

OoT is a great game, but it's not even the best Zelda (that going to A Link to the Past).