By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC SPECS!!!!

jefforange89 said:
Sorcery said:
jefforange89 said:
kibebr said:
GEeeezz... my notebook isn´t up to it... :(

Dual Core 2.66ghz but with a GPU ATI HD 3400 :(
ohh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

With a low-end GPU like that, I hope you seriously weren't expecting too many games to play well in the first place. >_>

Why do people ever buy laptops with intentions to play games other than solitaire on them? If I ever start using a laptop, it's going to be a tiny one meant for browsing and office programs.

My friend just bought an HP with 4 GB memory, a 2.6 GHz dual-core and a Radeon HD 4670 (with a 1366x768 or whatever it works out to screen) for under a grand.

Laptops that can play games well do exist, but they're far outclassed by desktops that cost half as much or less even, in some cases.

I know they exist, but they're obsolete faster, far more expensive, heavy as bricks, and drain their batteries ridiculously fast when you're playing a game. Not to mention the genocide they commit when they're near your balls.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

well all I know is when Intel's Gulftown is released I'll have a 6-core processor with 12 threads, Nvidia's GTX 300 series, a lower-end GPU for physx, and about 16GBs of ram which will be more than enough to run this game.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sorcery said:
jefforange89 said:

Laptops that can play games well do exist, but they're far outclassed by desktops that cost half as much or less even, in some cases.

I know they exist, but they're obsolete faster, far more expensive, heavy as bricks, and drain their batteries ridiculously fast when you're playing a game. Not to mention the genocide they commit when they're near your balls.

OMG, so Laptops for gamming can coock my eggs!!! This is dangerous!!!

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

My specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
2.0 GB RAM
GeForce 8500 GT 512.0 MB

If I add another 2 GB ram and change GPU to ATI HD4650 1 GB would that help a lot? I want to play it at medium settings at least.

ssj12 said:
well all I know is when Intel's Gulftown is released I'll have a 6-core processor with 12 threads, Nvidia's GTX 300 series, a lower-end GPU for physx, and about 16GBs of ram which will be more than enough to run this game.

Gulftown will be no cheaper than the current Extreme Editions, ~$1000. You may want to look at the cheaper i7s, or AMD's desktop 6-core which should be cheaper although not as fast.

Nvidia's graphics won't be good value. It's coming out March according to the optimists (Fudzilla, who have had an Nvidia bias for a few months now) and Charlie says May is Nvidia's official, internal date. Its new features won't increase game performance by a single frame, they only serve GPGPU. And reported yields and clocks are low. Let's take a reasonable scenario - 512 shader cores (confirmed), 600MHz core clock (based on Nvidia's public estimates of FLOPS) and 10% IPC boost (even RV770 didn't have that over RV670, and GT300 has no gaming-FPS-improving features as I said). That would put it 20% faster than a GTX295, so 25-30% faster than the 5870. Let us also assume the 5870 is in good enough supply to be at its RRP of $379 (if it isn't, then TSMC's 40nm is broken and Fermi will be affected too). Given the 5970 would be $599 and much faster than Fermi, that would put Fermi about $500 to be competitive. Now, Fermi's die size is just over 530mm^2, much bigger than 5870 and MUCH more expensive given yields fall much faster than linearly with die size. If 5870 is selling for $379, Nvidia has to sell for $600 to be equally profitable. $500 is going to put a huge dent in margins, and they won't go below that because it would be unprofitable. Same for the Fermi salvage part vs. the 5850. Regardless, Nvidia will lose in perf/mm^2 so they won't be better value than AMD; most likely equal value for money but less profitable.

There's no Fermi X2, it's impossible with Fermi's die size or else it would be $800 and exceed the PCI spec for power consmption (the 5970 is already on the limit at a much smaller die size and lower clocks).

And in May it will have been 8 months from Evergreen's introduction, which is when AMD normally does the refresh part. So Fermi may not be competing with the 5870 at all, probably Evergreen+1.

Around the Network

KylieDog said:

BF is hardly generic, not other games does destruction like this and very few use vehicles liek they do.

Forget about the technology in the game. Battlefield has always had great game design, well balanced gameplay, lots of tactics and strategy.

Geez I don't have a quadcore, but I hope a 3.6GHz overclocked E8400 is enough to handle it.
My HD4890 should be better or at least on par with a GT260.

Barozi said:
Geez I don't have a quadcore, but I hope a 3.6GHz overclocked E8400 is enough to handle it.
My HD4890 should be better or at least on par with a GT260.

You will handle it in lower or medium... you are lucky!!!!

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Soleron said:
ssj12 said:

Gulftown will be no cheaper than the current Extreme Editions, ~$1000. You may want to look at the cheaper i7s, or AMD's desktop 6-core which should be cheaper although not as fast.

Nvidia's graphics won't be good value. It's coming out March according to the optimists (Fudzilla, who have had an Nvidia bias for a few months now) and Charlie says May is Nvidia's official, internal date. Its new features won't increase game performance by a single frame, they only serve GPGPU. And reported yields and clocks are low. Let's take a reasonable scenario - 512 shader cores (confirmed), 600MHz core clock (based on Nvidia's public estimates of FLOPS) and 10% IPC boost (even RV770 didn't have that over RV670, and GT300 has no gaming-FPS-improving features as I said). That would put it 20% faster than a GTX295, so 25-30% faster than the 5870. Let us also assume the 5870 is in good enough supply to be at its RRP of $379 (if it isn't, then TSMC's 40nm is broken and Fermi will be affected too). Given the 5970 would be $599 and much faster than Fermi, that would put Fermi about $500 to be competitive. Now, Fermi's die size is just over 530mm^2, much bigger than 5870 and MUCH more expensive given yields fall much faster than linearly with die size. If 5870 is selling for $379, Nvidia has to sell for $600 to be equally profitable. $500 is going to put a huge dent in margins, and they won't go below that because it would be unprofitable. Same for the Fermi salvage part vs. the 5850. Regardless, Nvidia will lose in perf/mm^2 so they won't be better value than AMD; most likely equal value for money but less profitable.

There's no Fermi X2, it's impossible with Fermi's die size or else it would be $800 and exceed the PCI spec for power consmption (the 5970 is already on the limit at a much smaller die size and lower clocks).

And in May it will have been 8 months from Evergreen's introduction, which is when AMD normally does the refresh part. So Fermi may not be competing with the 5870 at all, probably Evergreen+1.

ok.... ill get two and SLi it... also lets see what the benchmarks endup before we start throwing out numbers. And both AMD and Nvidia are both moving to GPGPU.

And idc, im getting a Gulftown EE.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wow the HDD amount is a lot.