By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC SPECS!!!!

SOURCE

A lot of you have been asking for the minimum hardware specs to run Frostbite games, more specifically for Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 1943's minimum requirements, and today is the lucky day.  Below, you likely skipped ahead and read them already, are the minimum and recommended hardware specs for running BFBC 2 and BF1943. 

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT  / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
                                 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
                                 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) 

So after reading this some of you might feel the need to update your list to Santa Claus or celebrating the power of your PC and e-manhood.  Either way we hope this helps you prepare for the release of these epic Battlefield games! Now reserve here so you're ready!

Finally I know what I need to be the best soldier I can be.... and its not really all that bad. :)

Around the Network

Super high requirements. My PC barely cuts it...the only thing not at "recommended" is the GPU

Yay for PC games using quad cores. Maybe Gulftown will get some use after all.

Odd things I noticed.

1. Difference in size for Disk or Digital solution, guess that means it will actually read from the disc?
2. Recommended of a GeForce card that does not use DX11.

Other than that not bad. One good thing of this game being a console port to PC is that its minimum settings are fairly low.

I should be able to run at a solid mid settings with no upgrades at all. Though, I'll probably get Win7 and a newer GeForce card by the time this launches. So, even with my Core 2 Duo 8400 @ 3Ghz, I should be able to nearly max it out.

But, I won't buy upgrades until Feb/Mar to make sure price on video cards have dropped as much as possible before the game releases.

Here's my current specs on my one year old PC.

Self built PC:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
GPU: Nvidia 8600GT 512M
HDD: Western Digital 400GB SATA
MEM: 4GB Kingston HyperX 1066
PSU: 500w Asus
CASE: Black CoolerMaster
MONITOR: Samsung LCD 20" widescreen

This is the first time I've seen a game require a GTX 260 for specs, even if it is recommended. Would my Geforce 9100 work? My specs are below.

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 Quad-Core 2.6GHZ
RAM: 8 GB DDR2
GPU: Geforce 9100 with DirectX 11(i think the drivers were only updated from DX10, as I'm aware Nvidia hasn't released DX11 cards yet.

This game looks like so much fun. I know everything in my PC is fine, but I'm unsure about the GPU. Would it work?

Around the Network
CatFangs806 said:

This is the first time I've seen a game require a GTX 260 for specs, even if it is recommended. Would my Geforce 9100 work? My specs are below.

GPU: Geforce 9100 with DirectX 11(i think the drivers were only updated from DX10, as I'm aware Nvidia hasn't released DX11 cards yet.

This game looks like so much fun. I know everything in my PC is fine, but I'm unsure about the GPU. Would it work?

That GPU is far too weak. The rest of the system will be bottlenecked by it.

tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

I've thought about adding a card in, something along the lines of the GTS 250, but I don't want to break the warranty on my computer by opening it. I was also wondering how much the 9100 could handle in terms of certain games.

CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

I've thought about adding a card in, something along the lines of the GTS 250, but I don't want to break the warranty on my computer by opening it. I was also wondering how much the 9100 could handle in terms of certain games.

They wont be able to tell you've changed the card out if you swap it back in if something does go wrong. Make sure your PSU is strong enough first, though.

tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

They wont be able to tell you've changed the card out if you swap it back in if something does go wrong. Make sure your PSU is strong enough first, though.

My PSU is 350 watts, I think. I have a feeling it won't be enough as I've seen some of these GPU's require at least 500W's. I could be mistaken, though.

My computer can't cut it. Good thing console specs never change.

I'm just not going to get hyped over generic war FPS number 5,795,662.