By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC SPECS!!!!

Steroid said:
My computer can't cut it. Good thing console specs never change.

I'm just not going to get hyped over generic war FPS number 5,795,662.

The PC version can have up to 64 players, while the consoles can only support up to 16. PC ROCKS!!!!!

Around the Network
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

This is the first time I've seen a game require a GTX 260 for specs, even if it is recommended. Would my Geforce 9100 work? My specs are below.

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 Quad-Core 2.6GHZ
RAM: 8 GB DDR2
GPU: Geforce 9100 with DirectX 11(i think the drivers were only updated from DX10, as I'm aware Nvidia hasn't released DX11 cards yet.

This game looks like so much fun. I know everything in my PC is fine, but I'm unsure about the GPU. Would it work?

That GPU is far too weak. The rest of the system will be bottlenecked by it.

I've thought about adding a card in, something along the lines of the GTS 250, but I don't want to break the warranty on my computer by opening it. I was also wondering how much the 9100 could handle in terms of certain games.

They wont be able to tell you've changed the card out if you swap it back in if something does go wrong. Make sure your PSU is strong enough first, though.

My PSU is 350 watts, I think. I have a feeling it won't be enough as I've seen some of these GPU's require at least 500W's. I could be mistaken, though.

Yeah, modern GPUs require at least 500W PSUs, with some of the newer ones recommending as high as 550-600W.

tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

This is the first time I've seen a game require a GTX 260 for specs, even if it is recommended. Would my Geforce 9100 work? My specs are below.

GPU: Geforce 9100 with DirectX 11(i think the drivers were only updated from DX10, as I'm aware Nvidia hasn't released DX11 cards yet.

This game looks like so much fun. I know everything in my PC is fine, but I'm unsure about the GPU. Would it work?

I've thought about adding a card in, something along the lines of the GTS 250, but I don't want to break the warranty on my computer by opening it. I was also wondering how much the 9100 could handle in terms of certain games.

They wont be able to tell you've changed the card out if you swap it back in if something does go wrong. Make sure your PSU is strong enough first, though.

My PSU is 350 watts, I think. I have a feeling it won't be enough as I've seen some of these GPU's require at least 500W's. I could be mistaken, though.

Yeah, modern GPUs require at least 500W PSUs, with some of the newer ones recommending as high as 550-600W.

Would getting a 700W PSU fry the components in the computer since it was made to run on half of that?

CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:
tedsteriscool said:
CatFangs806 said:

Would getting a 700W PSU fry the components in the computer since it was made to run on half of that?

Yes, that would be much better.

HOLY CRAP, MY PC CANT HANDLE RECOMMENDED... GEEZ

edit: opps, caps.... still all caps = my expression on seeing those specs... holy crap they are high

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Steroid said:

Why is it generic? I don't see other games trying to implement destruction like Bad Company does, and have such an awesome mixture of vehicular and infantry based warfare.

Akvod said:
Steroid said:

Why is it generic? I don't see other games trying to implement destruction like Bad Company does, and have such an awesome mixture of vehicular and infantry based warfare.

exactly, we are talking about a game made by DICE. DICE = quality, maybe not Valve's quality but it surely is better then 95% if all FPS developers including Infinity Ward and Gearbox.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

CatFangs806 said:
Steroid said:

The PC version can have up to 64 players, while the consoles can only support up to 16. PC ROCKS!!!!!

Actually, I think the PC version will only allow for up to 32 players.  Consoles support 24 players.

I'm interested to see if the game is properly multithreaded for quad cores.  The only game I know that supports quadcores is Supreme Commander, and the quadcore support in that game was pathetic.

My comp can handle it.

But I probably won't be buying it, so it doesn't affect me a whole lot either way.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

BFBC2 is going to look absolutely gorgeous on PC.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d