By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what tv do you game on? *i need a change of pants*

Red4ADevil said:

Currently, Im gaming on an old 32'' philips magnavox TV; it belogned to my dads before he bought his new 40" Sanyo 1080 HDTV a few months ago. Everybody has a new HDTV, but me . Besides my dad, my brother has a 50''; he won it in a raffle ticket contest out of 80 people (lucky bastard); dont know what brand it is. My uncle has a 40'' vizio, my other uncle has a 32", my grandmother has one as well, even my mother has a 13''; she won it as well from drawing lots. Im saving up but my patience is growing thin. 

dont worry, it will come one day, lots of luck to you!! ^_^

Around the Network

@cande4me: Sure, but that is REALLY close. The difference you are noticing could also be either the loss of image quality as the image scales the 1080i/720p image or the fact that those sources aren't encoded in as high quality as the 1080p source/s you watched.

Either way, I would have gone for the 1080p TV too:)

radiantshadow92 said:
Red4ADevil said:

Currently, Im gaming on an old 32'' philips magnavox TV; it belogned to my dads before he bought his new 40" Sanyo 1080 HDTV a few months ago. Everybody has a new HDTV, but me . Besides my dad, my brother has a 50''; he won it in a raffle ticket contest out of 80 people (lucky bastard); dont know what brand it is. My uncle has a 40'' vizio, my other uncle has a 32", my grandmother has one as well, even my mother has a 13''; she won it as well from drawing lots. Im saving up but my patience is growing thin. 

dont worry, it will come one day, lots of luck to you!! ^_^

I guess; I just gotta suck it up for a little longer. Plus, I get a lot of money every xmas.

hsrob said:
@cande4me: Sure, but that is REALLY close. The difference you are noticing could also be either the loss of image quality as the image scales the 1080i/720p image or the fact that those sources aren't encoded in as high quality as the 1080p source/s you watched.

Either way, I would have gone for the 1080p TV too:)
  1. I also have a Philips 50" 1080p HDTV in the living room to compare it too, everyday. And despite what you are saying I can only attest to what my eyes are seeing. And that is a full 1080p resolution picture.   (i dont know why that 1. is there)

Just so you know I do understand this: DishTV: 1080i/720p Blu-Ray: 1080p

Around the Network
cande4me said:
Just so you know I do understand this: DishTV: 1080i/720p Blu-Ray: 1080p

dish tv does offer 1080p for some of their shows, but very few

26 inch SD TV.

Sometimes I put it in black and white.

Old school baby!

I use a 1080p projector with a 117" screen to play my PS3/360/Wii games on.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

PHILIPS LCD TV 26 PFL 3403
In my room. I could have gotten a 32 :/

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Pioneer Kuro 42" Plasma, Wii games look great on it.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin