By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what tv do you game on? *i need a change of pants*

SmokedHostage said:
scruffybunny said:
@SmokedHostage
This?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia&%23174%3B+-+46%22+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9205692.p?childSku=null&skuId=9205692&count=null&id=1218058829222

That's the one.

So the model is Insignia NS-L46X-10A, tried looking on Google, can't find anything pertaining to 480p resolution, a review just says it can accept 480p, 720 ... etc resolutions, but not how to optimize the picture quality for those.

Maybe you can ask at the official forums?
http://community.insigniaproducts.com/insignia/board?board.id=discussions-televisions-en

Good luck!

Around the Network

I have a 28" regular TV when my dad's hogging the TV, and when he's gone, I get the component cables and hook it up to the 52" Samsung. No complaints from graphics for the Wii, I don't know why you guys complain. :/

RCTjunkie said:
I have a 28" regular TV when my dad's hogging the TV, and when he's gone, I get the component cables and hook it up to the 52" Samsung. No complaints from graphics for the Wii, I don't know why you guys complain. :/

The wii looks the same on HDtv and and normal TVs because the console doesn't support HD.

HD consoles look UTTER CRAP on normal tvs so thats why people complain.

its not about the graphics its about the text being too small, the sound are seziure indusing the colors make the eyes burn.

disolitude said:
cande4me said:

Samsung 32" 1080p LCD HDTV

I bought this, less than a year ago, specifically to play games on in my tiny bedroom. 

It has a game mode that was developed with microsoft which is designed to increase controller responsiveness 

can the human eye even see 1080p on a 32 inch screen when sitting at an appropriate distance?

I understand what you’re saying, but yes it is the same difference as if it were a 50" TV. I have Dish TV which puts out a 1080i/720p quality picture, and there is a substantial difference when viewing a 1080p quality picture. Samsung is pretty good when it comes to HDTVs 

Just bought myself a nice new Toshiba 32 inch HD set (was sick of having to wait until late at night to use the family HDTV to play games). The games I've played so far look great on it, even surprisingly NSMB Wii, although I bought the component cables, but Wii games look almost indistinguishable from HD.

I got a great deal on the TV too, cost me only $320, was some early black Friday deal that newegg had going on.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
cande4me said:

I bought this, less than a year ago, specifically to play games on in my tiny bedroom. 

It has a game mode that was developed with microsoft which is designed to increase controller responsiveness 

can the human eye even see 1080p on a 32 inch screen when sitting at an appropriate distance?

Not so much unless you are sitting very close, but as far as I know all the new 32" Samsungs are full HD and provide better image quality than their predecessors irrespective of the added resolution.

cande4me said:
disolitude said:
cande4me said:

I understand what you’re saying, but yes it is the same difference as if it were a 50" TV. I have Dish TV which puts out a 1080i/720p quality picture, and there is a substantial difference when viewing a 1080p quality picture. Samsung is pretty good when it comes to HDTVs 

I see.

I ask because I have a 67 inch 1080p set and a 32 inch 720p set. On the 67 inch TV i can easily see the difference between 1080p and 720p but when using the 32 inch 720p tv, it looks pretty close in detail compared to 67 inch tv when considering its got less than half the screen diameter to work with.

hsrob said:
disolitude said:
cande4me said:

Not so much unless you are sitting very close, but as far as I know all the new 32" Samsungs are full HD and provide better image quality than their predecessors irrespective of the added resolution.

Apparently I am sitting close enough to see the difference

I game in a 40" Sony Bravia 1080p. :) I love it. I don't know how I lived without HDTV. The SD TV was hurting my eyes, now I feel comfortable with this one.

Currently, Im gaming on an old 32'' philips magnavox TV; it belogned to my dads before he bought his new 40" Sanyo 1080 HDTV a few months ago. Everybody has a new HDTV, but me . Besides my dad, my brother has a 50''; he won it in a raffle ticket contest out of 80 people (lucky bastard); dont know what brand it is. My uncle has a 40'' vizio, my other uncle has a 32", my grandmother has one as well, even my mother has a 13''; she won it as well from drawing lots. Im saving up but my patience is growing thin. 

I currently own a wii but I'd kill for that little extra bump in clarity. I can see it difference, its nice and clean, crisp, clear, even if the 480p is till stretched.