By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what tv do you game on? *i need a change of pants*

Samsung 4051D. Got it back when 40'' was huge and 1080P was nonexistant/$1000 more than 720P sets.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
SmokedHostage said:
hsrob said:
SmokedHostage said:
I've had my HD TV for about 5 days now and I miss SD. Most of the channels I watch are in SD and they look blurry and awful. I also dislike playing me Wii on this thing. I can't get a setting where Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros. Wii don't look so pale and jagged.

What kind of TV do you have? Certain brands are known for shipping with rubbish presets.  My parents got a 32 inch Samsung a couple of weeks ago and I had to go into the service menu to make the necessary adjustments. It's worth doing a Google search and seeing if you can find some recommended settings. I wouldn't follow them to the letter but often they are a good starting point. 

It's a 46" Insignia.

I'm not familiar with that particular TV but if it's bothering you try to do a Google search for recommended settings.

You should be aware though that in certain parameters such as contrast, blacks and natural looking colours, CRTs (which I assume you were using before) are still better than most LCDs.

Also I am assuming you are using component cables and have your Wii set to 480p. (increased clarity but with the side effect that it unmasks the jaggies a little)

Yes, I'm using component cables for my Wii and according to my Wii, it's set on 480p(SDTV).

Pixel Art can be fun.

Bravia LCD 1080 monitor thingie. (idk how much size but its normalish)

mgs4 blew me out of the water lol, it looks 100x better in HD

32" sony bravia

mM
Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

Yes, I'm using component cables for my Wii and according to my Wii, it's set on 480p(SDTV).

The Wii isn't going to look amazing on an HDTV. Get a blu ray player and watch some blu rays. Or a 360/ PS3 for the full experience.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Samsung 32" 1080p LCD HDTV

I bought this, less than a year ago, specifically to play games on in my tiny bedroom. 

It has a game mode that was developed with microsoft which is designed to increase controller responsiveness 

supermario128 said:
SmokedHostage said:

The Wii isn't going to look amazing on an HDTV. Get a blu ray player and watch some blu rays. Or a 360/ PS3 for the full experience.

I want it to at least look better than on my SDTV.

Pixel Art can be fun.

cande4me said:

Samsung 32" 1080p LCD HDTV

I bought this, less than a year ago, specifically to play games on in my tiny bedroom. 

It has a game mode that was developed with microsoft which is designed to increase controller responsiveness 

can the human eye even see 1080p on a 32 inch screen when sitting at an appropriate distance?

SmokedHostage said:
supermario128 said:
SmokedHostage said:

I want it to at least look better than on my SDTV.

True, it should look much better than on a SDTV.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089