By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official World Cup 2010 Draw Thread - December 4th at 17 GMT

Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:
England got 3 fairly easy teams

To bad they're not to strong themselves.

Should be fun to see who wins the right to be eliminated in the next round in the group.

I was only joking, Slovenia and Algeria are pretty good. 

England can beat Ghana or Serbia...

Around the Network

England going to breeze through however I will be supporting Italy just like every other year. The fuck though at Argentina, hardly got through with tubby as their coach and they they got the easiest group in the cup.

MAn, I love British Journo's. They always manage to make the mst creative headings.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Don't think Graham Taylor will agree with you there Esmoreit.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

zexen_lowe said:
Slimebeast said:
pastro243 said:
Slimebeast said:
Lots of very weak nations in this years cup (Japan, South Africa, NZ, Australia, USA, Chile, N Korea, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Honduras, Algeria). And the African nations haven't got much stronger since Cameroon surprised everyone in 1990.

I hope Denmark will get far.

Yeah, because a very weak nation ends second in the south american qualifiers(over Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina), has the top scorer(Suazo) and best results away from home.

Its strange that a very weak team could beat Denmark in their home right?

I hope you're not talking about Honduras lol?

EDIT: Oh Chile. Well, they're decent but I don't believe they will qualify from the group.

Wha? Chile has 2nd place totally assured, and they'll fight the 1st with Spain in a very contested match, that I'll be sure to watch

I think a lot of people who aren't South Americans underrate Chile.  They have a very strong, and young, team that can threaten even the best in the world.  Just ask Argentina (Chile 1-0 Argentina).  I think Switzerland can challenge them for second in the group, but I would favor Chile to go through.

Slimebeast's list shouldn't have included Australia, USA, Switzerland or Slovakia.  All those teams have the potential to reach the second round.  Australia qualified easily out of Asia (yes, the weakest region other than OFC) and proved their worth in 2006 (Italy were lucky to beat them).  USA reached the final of the Confederations Cup just last year in the same country.  Switzerland topped their group in qualifying and advanced to the second round in 2006.  Slovakia also topped their group in qualifying and looks to be a team that can compete when you consider the likes of Hamsik, Skrtel and Weiss.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
zexen_lowe said:
Slimebeast said:
pastro243 said:
Slimebeast said:
Lots of very weak nations in this years cup (Japan, South Africa, NZ, Australia, USA, Chile, N Korea, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Honduras, Algeria). And the African nations haven't got much stronger since Cameroon surprised everyone in 1990.

Yeah, because a very weak nation ends second in the south american qualifiers(over Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina), has the top scorer(Suazo) and best results away from home.

EDIT: Oh Chile. Well, they're decent but I don't believe they will qualify from the group.

Wha? Chile has 2nd place totally assured, and they'll fight the 1st with Spain in a very contested match, that I'll be sure to watch

I think a lot of people who aren't South Americans underrate Chile.  They have a very strong, and young, team that can threaten even the best in the world.  Just ask Argentina (Chile 1-0 Argentina).  I think Switzerland can challenge them for second in the group, but I would favor Chile to go through.

Slimebeast's list shouldn't have included Australia, USA, Switzerland or Slovakia.  All those teams have the potential to reach the second round.  Australia qualified easily out of Asia (yes, the weakest region other than OFC) and proved their worth in 2006 (Italy were lucky to beat them).  USA reached the final of the Confederations Cup just last year in the same country.  Switzerland topped their group in qualifying and advanced to the second round in 2006.  Slovakia also topped their group in qualifying and looks to be a team that can compete when you consider the likes of Hamsik, Skrtel and Weiss.

You gotta give Australia credit too for moving into Asia rather then staying where they would of had a guranteed WC bid every time.

Strategyking92 said:
c'mon estados unidos!
Beat them at a sport everybody else dearly loves but we do not give a shit about!

This, and since I just came from the other thread let me add, America **** yeah!

Our team has proven their ability to come out and lay an egg, but we can also play well from time to time like when we beat Spain over the summer.  I think that in this group we can make the next round.

Kasz216 said:
elprincipe said:
zexen_lowe said:
Slimebeast said:
pastro243 said:
Slimebeast said:

You gotta give Australia credit too for moving into Asia rather then staying where they would of had a guranteed WC bid every time.

Nah, it was either a risky game against a South American team (ok, now it's Asian) or a guaranteed qualification against a tad stronger teams in general, but none up to the strength of Uruguay. Easy choice

I do like how North Korea got seeded with Brazil, Portugal and ivory coast. Means that the North-Koreans will not be watching any football this year.

I like to think that North Korea selects it's players on the basis of "most likely to return to the homeland after the matches are done instead of seeking asylum in the host-country".

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I'm liking the England vs USA matches.