By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official World Cup 2010 Draw Thread - December 4th at 17 GMT

Let's go Australia even though I'm 20 hours away from it!

Former something....

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
zuvuyeay said:
i don't agree

i can't see a big difference between france/england mexico/usa uruguay/slovenia and

algeria/south africa

I must ask how much football you've watched if you can't see the difference between Uruguay and Slovenia. Hint: La Liga's last top goalscorer plays for Uruguay, not for Slovenia. So does the top scorer of the Dutch League. So does Lugano, Cáceres, Cristian Rodriguez, and a lot of top rated players. Slovenia may have some good players, but Uruguay has them in spades. South Africa and Algeria, there's a difference too, SA has some known players AND they play at home

slovenia beat russia over two legs in the play offs,not too bad

uruguay are a good footballing country and i'd say they are better than slovenia  but in a world cup group i don't see that big a difference between them,

i'd say the USA are a better team than mexico,on the whole

algeria/south africa,yes south africa are at home of course,but has there been a weaker home nation than them,go on name the players

i'd also say that england are better than france right now,france are in a bit of mess if you ask me as a team.manager and what with their cheating tag,crowds will probably be aginst them

so all in all as i said before i don't see a big difference bewteen thos groups,

i aslo think that alot of south africans will have soft spot for england as they know their players very well,it can only help,

Above & Beyond

elprincipe said:
zuvuyeay said:
i don't agree

i can't see a big difference between france/england mexico/usa uruguay/slovenia and

algeria/south africa

France/England, maybe.  Of course, France should have been seeded instead of England (if they had used current rankings).  On their day I think France are a side with more potential than England.

Mexico/USA, yes, are at a similar level.  Mexico has more outstanding individual talent, to be fair.

Uruguay is a far better side than Slovenia.  Slovenia is probably the weakest European team to make it (maybe Greece is weaker).  Uruguay is a strong team with some outstanding individuals.

South Africa are playing at home.  Algeria is the worst African team to qualify.  Any team playing at home gets a big boost in what is expected of them, and I am far happier for the USA to be playing Algeria than South Africa, I can tell you that.

yes i'm sure the USA arre glad they have algeria instead of south sfrica,but as an england fan neither of those teams would worry me

for the record thugh i'd say

england and either usa/slovenia to qualify

france and either uruguay/mexico to qualify

Above & Beyond