By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official World Cup 2010 Draw Thread - December 4th at 17 GMT

Slimebeast said:
Son1x said:
Slimebeast said:
Lots of very weak nations in this years cup (Japan, South Africa, NZ, Australia, USA, Chile, N Korea, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Honduras, Algeria). And the African nations haven't got much stronger since Cameroon surprised everyone in 1990.

I hope Denmark will get far.

Japan isn't that weak. It has the best records for the last 5 Asian Cups (3 times first place, 4th place and 7th place). 

While I'm a little unhappy since Slovenia isn't with Japan, I'm glad we got USA. My step-father is American, that should be fun

You think winning the Asian Cup is prestigious?

I love Japan but they will be crushed.

I wouldn't say Denmark or Korea are much better than all those named. This ain't the 90's anymore.

USA as well, its not really that bad, its mostly people thinking they suck. (didn't notice it the first time I read your post)

But don't mind me, being a Slovenian/Japanese, I felt inner pain reading that Even though its kinda true.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
Son1x said:
Slimebeast said:
Son1x said:
Slimebeast said:
Lots of very weak nations in this years cup (Japan, South Africa, NZ, Australia, USA, Chile, N Korea, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Honduras, Algeria). And the African nations haven't got much stronger since Cameroon surprised everyone in 1990.

Japan isn't that weak. It has the best records for the last 5 Asian Cups (3 times first place, 4th place and 7th place). 

While I'm a little unhappy since Slovenia isn't with Japan, I'm glad we got USA. My step-father is American, that should be fun

You think winning the Asian Cup is prestigious?

I love Japan but they will be crushed.

I wouldn't say Denmark or Korea are much better than all those named. This ain't the 90's anymore.

USA as well, its not really that bad, its mostly people thinking they suck.

Not much no, lol.

I cringed seeing Brazil's Grouping.

Rooting for Netherland's and England, fairly happy how they got grouped.

Sonx1, Japan will be crushed.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

If everything happens as expected, in the round of 16 the matches will be Brazil-Chile and Spain-Portugal. That would be very interesting. Argentina may face France too....if our coach doesn't screw up, of course

I like that our national coach is careful, in short saying :

"Denmark qualified with ease against Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. We managed a pretty flat (3-0) victory against Japan last friendly match and Cameroon is one of the best African countries".

Thank god he isn't a blowhard.

And Zuvuyeay. It's not so much that I want to bet against Brasil but it's just that overestimating the competition is quite foolish. It wouldn't be the first time the greats would fall against weaker opponents. I mean, France nearly got kicked out of this WC leaning on a dubious call to get in. Argentina nearly didn't make it. Last European cup we got stacked with both Italy and France (and Romania). Everyone expected Italy and France to go through, but the Netherlands routed both 3-0 and 4-1 respectively. After that, we where kicked out by Russia 3-1. So, never assume victory just like that.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

Netherlands was really a surprise in the European cup. They were killing everyone. I was also rooting for them since Slovenia didn't make it. Then... they just got killed by Russians.

But no fear, we took them out for this world cup

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

By the way, prediction of the ending of the first round:

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece
Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana
Group E: Holland, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
Group G: Brazil, Korea DPR, Ivory Coast, Portugal
Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

A:
1 = Mexico
2 = France

B:
1: Argentina
2: Greece

C:
1: England
2: Algeria

D:
1: Germany
2: Ghana

E:
1: Holland
2: Denmark

F:
1 = Italy
2 = Paraguay

G:
1 = Brazil
2 = Portugal

H:
1 = Spain
2 = Chile

So, I expect no surprises outside of Algeria.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Slimebeast said:

Yeah, because a very weak nation ends second in the south american qualifiers(over Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina), has the top scorer(Suazo) and best results away from home.

Its strange that a very weak team could beat Denmark in their home right?

Esmoreit said:
I like that our national coach is careful, in short saying :

"Denmark qualified with ease against Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. We managed a pretty flat (3-0) victory against Japan last friendly match and Cameroon is one of the best African countries".

Thank god he isn't a blowhard.

And Zuvuyeay. It's not so much that I want to bet against Brasil but it's just that overestimating the competition is quite foolish. It wouldn't be the first time the greats would fall against weaker opponents. I mean, France nearly got kicked out of this WC leaning on a dubious call to get in. Argentina nearly didn't make it. Last European cup we got stacked with both Italy and France (and Romania). Everyone expected Italy and France to go through, but the Netherlands routed both 3-0 and 4-1 respectively. After that, we where kicked out by Russia 3-1. So, never assume victory just like that.

i'm not assuming/over estimating anything,

Brasil are a 100 times better than  ivory coast and portugal,i hope they do knock out brasil,gives england some hope as we always lose to brasil,

but anyway good luck to the dutch,after england i like the italians and the dutch to go all the way......

Above & Beyond

pastro243 said:
Slimebeast said:

Yeah, because a very weak nation ends second in the south american qualifiers(over Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina), has the top scorer(Suazo) and best results away from home.

Its strange that a very weak team could beat Denmark in their home right?

I hope you're not talking about Honduras lol?

EDIT: Oh Chile. Well, they're decent but I don't believe they will qualify from the group.