By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Something to think about...Why I like Sony

Whenever Sony comes out with a new console they know theres going to be a struggle in the beginning.  Facing financial hardship they still try to put out the best system with the best technology out there for their customers.  The PS3 has been a financial burden on them but they never rip off their fans like other consoles do.  They try to include as much as possible in the console so that  you dont to pay for extra.  For example...blu-ray, wifi, free online, large hard drive.  They could have easily kept those out and charge for those as accessories like another console does.  Sony build things for our entertainment.  For those people complaining about the price tough luck.  Its at $299 now dont tell me you can't afford that.  I don't think they ever came into the gaming industry thinking they can make a ton of profit.  Cause as most people know they lost a ton of money.  But they continue on for our entertainment.  Now Microsoft on the other hand went in the gaming market thinking they can make big profits.  They saw that market as another way to expend their empire.  They give you a cheap system with a high failure rate.  And if it dies they bet on the fact you will buy another one.  I wouldnt be suprised if they put in that rrod themselves.  They charge you for almost anything they can ....online, wifi adapter, expensive hard drives..  All they wanted was profit.  Im glad they've been 6billion in the red since the introduction of their first xbox.  So reguardless of how much profit they gloat about they will never make up for that loss.  Now Sony will make a turn around like they always do.  Its already starting to show, sales have been picking up just as they should.

Around the Network

Wall of text... >.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Sony aren't all thumbs up and kisses, they have their flaws as well.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

No company risks billions of investment for the customers "entertainment" and actually quit the contrary, MS didn't enter the VG industry to make a profit they initially entered it to stop Sony from invading their PC platform territory as the households main electronic device.

They're definetly improving the situation with the PS3 but as of now I still don't really want one. I was thinking of buying one recently but found a great deal on an HD TV and I decided to get that instead.

There's just not a major reason to own one when I already have a 360, since the games are so similar, and there's few exclusive games that interest me (I could care less about MGS4 and GT). Maybe if Sony wasn't stupid and kept the BC intact I might have bought one already. Oh well.

Around the Network

I hope this isn't a good v evil thread, with you siding with sony?

Both are companies out to make a profit, both do it their own way. MS is better at making software and Sony is better at making hardware. So sony end up trying to make an expensive cutting edge piece of equipment (which they did) while ms put together a good online gaming service and market the whole thing very well.

Part of good marketing is to boast the lowest prices, even if it means cutting things out of the hardware, sony wouldn't want to do this, they'd prefer to keep the machine a beast across all models. But sony isn't very good at marketing.

And as for Hardware failure, after alot of the 360 consoles started going RROD, ms increased the warranty for everybody. Which is pretty good pr imo. The 360 is a great console, cheap HD gaming from the earliest stage of this generation and a great online service. And some of the best exclusives too. PSN is still playing catchup for quality online service. And even on ms's inferior console, some games perform better?

The 360 has only been good to us this generation. Even to us PS3 fans. Without it the competition wouldn't be there, prices would be higher and exclusive devs wouldn't be fighting to out-perform the other HD console.

Anyway, welcome to VGChartz and next time break up your wall of text with paragraphs to make it easier to read : )

Samk18 said:

Whenever Sony comes out with a new console they know theres going to be a struggle in the beginning.  Facing financial hardship they still try to put out the best system with the best technology out there for their customers.  The PS3 has been a financial burden on them but they never rip off their fans like other consoles do.  They try to include as much as possible in the console so that  you dont to pay for extra.  For example...blu-ray, wifi, free online, large hard drive.  They could have easily kept those out and charge for those as accessories like another console does. 

Sony build things for our entertainment.  For those people complaining about the price tough luck.  Its at $299 now dont tell me you can't afford that.  I don't think they ever came into the gaming industry thinking they can make a ton of profit.  Cause as most people know they lost a ton of money.  But they continue on for our entertainment. 

Now Microsoft on the other hand went in the gaming market thinking they can make big profits.  They saw that market as another way to expend their empire.  They give you a cheap system with a high failure rate.  And if it dies they bet on the fact you will buy another one.  I wouldnt be suprised if they put in that rrod themselves. 

They charge you for almost anything they can ....online, wifi adapter, expensive hard drives..  All they wanted was profit.  Im glad they've been 6 billion in the red since the introduction of their first xbox.  So reguardless of how much profit they gloat about they will never make up for that loss.  Now Sony will make a turn around like they always do.  Its already starting to show, sales have been picking up just as they should.

Enter key is your friend

What I get from this thread is:

Sony = good

Microsoft = evil

Lol well guess what they do not care about their customers, they only care about your money.

I'm glad to hear that Sony's never ripped off its customers, that they never wanted to make big profits in gaming, and that they're only here to please me.

numonex said:
Samk18 said:

Whenever Sony comes out with a new console they know theres going to be a struggle in the beginning.  Facing financial hardship they still try to put out the best system with the best technology out there for their customers.  The PS3 has been a financial burden on them but they never rip off their fans like other consoles do.  They try to include as much as possible in the console so that  you dont to pay for extra.  For example...blu-ray, wifi, free online, large hard drive.  They could have easily kept those out and charge for those as accessories like another console does. What some people fail to realize is that Sony did launch a console with some of this stuff missing. The 20GB PS3 launched without a large hard drive and lacking wifi.

They are also going to start charging for some online features. 

Sony build things for our entertainment.  For those people complaining about the price tough luck.  Its at $299 now dont tell me you can't afford that.  I don't think they ever came into the gaming industry thinking they can make a ton of profit.  Cause as most people know they lost a ton of money.  But they continue on for our entertainment. 

Now Microsoft on the other hand went in the gaming market thinking they can make big profits.  They saw that market as another way to expend their empire.  They give you a cheap system with a high failure rate.  And if it dies they bet on the fact you will buy another one.  I wouldnt be suprised if they put in that rrod themselves. You don't think that Sony went in looking for a profit? They made a substantial profit on both the PS1 and PS2. 

They charge you for almost anything they can ....online, wifi adapter, expensive hard drives..  All they wanted was profit.  Im glad they've been 6 billion in the red since the introduction of their first xbox.  So reguardless of how much profit they gloat about they will never make up for that loss.  Now Sony will make a turn around like they always do.  Its already starting to show, sales have been picking up just as they should. 

I will comment on your's

Edit: And this is more of why you hate Microsoft instead of why you like Sony 

I never said Sony didnt have its flaw... I was just stating why i liked them.  Their not out the steal your money like MS does.  Yes Sony want to make a profit like every company does, but they are willing to take a loss in the beginning and hope a return in the long run. Sony knew the risk going into it.  Im pretty sure if MS knew all the problems rrod would bring they might have waited a year.  Instead they wanted market share cause they know they couldnt compete with Sony.  Look at their 8 million lead they had its slowing fading. Its down to 6.5 million  By this time next year Sony is  real close to closing that gap.