By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Something to think about...Why I like Sony

RVDondaPC said:
No company risks billions of investment for the customers "entertainment" and actually quit the contrary, MS didn't enter the VG industry to make a profit they initially entered it to stop Sony from invading their PC platform territory as the households main electronic device.

Or shud they pay the price in the end for having tried to stop Sony enter the houshold limelight device. Well, this cannot run further, sooner or later M$ has to give up doing the stuff against Sony.

Around the Network
Samk18 said:

I never said Sony didnt have its flaw... I was just stating why i liked them.  Their not out the steal your money like MS does.  Yes Sony want to make a profit like every company does, but they are willing to take a loss in the beginning and hope a return in the long run.

Microsoft follows the same business model. They posted heavy losses during the first Xbox, and more losses for the first several years of the 360.

Personally though, I don't see why bleeding money early on should make me like a company.

Sony knew the risk going into it.  Im pretty sure if MS knew all the problems rrod would bring they might have waited a year.

Do you have any source for this beyond your gut instinct? And are we deliberately overlooking the shoddy hardware that are the first PlayStation and the PS2 now?

Instead they wanted market share cause they know they couldnt compete with Sony.  Look at their 8 million lead they had its slowing fading. Its down to 6.5 million  By this time next year Sony is  real close to closing that gap.

Even if I buy all this (and I don't), I fail to see why this makes you like Sony. You hate Microsoft, cool. That's not what your own thread says it's about!

Lol your right thats not what my thread is about.  I dont really like Sony either...I was just making it seem like i do.  I dont like both Sony or MS, I just wanted to see if people actually responded to stupid threads people put up... Ill admit my thread is stupid and I wanted to see if people do respond. I was just testing something and  i guess i was right.  Anyways I just join this site today and posted this up I dont plan on posting anymore thread.  Does anyone know how to delete myself from this website.  Lol theres a lot of fans from both sides and boy do they love to defend their console of choice.  I don't  own any consoles and never will.  I rather be out of the house doing something productive in stead of getting fat like most of you on here. Lol insult to most of you here.. Please ban me.

Samk18 said:

Lol your right thats not what my thread is about.  I dont really like Sony either...I was just making it seem like i do.  I dont like both Sony or MS, I just wanted to see if people actually responded to stupid threads people put up... Ill admit my thread is stupid and I wanted to see if people do respond. I was just testing something and  i guess i was right.  Anyways I just join this site today and posted this up I dont plan on posting anymore thread.  Does anyone know how to delete myself from this website.  Lol theres a lot of fans from both sides and boy do they love to defend their console of choice.  I don't  own any consoles and never will.  I rather be out of the house doing something productive in stead of getting fat like most of you on here. Lol insult to most of you here.. Please ban me.

so instead you chose to do something productive with your time like posting in a video game forum, bravo

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Samk18 said:

I love this guy. .

And it's much more fun bashing than defending.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network

A corporation that exists to entertain us, not to make a profit and pay their employees and shareholders. I'm sure those employees (that make up said corporation) work all week long only to bring you entertainment also, not to feed themselves and their families. You really do have an interesting naivety.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I stopped trusting microsoft long time ago
NO MS OS on my PC :)

What I like about sony is broad selection of quality games (and lack of region lock), open architecture for third party accessories and blue-ray drive becouse 1080p movies are great.

Oh yeah and pc enthusiast in me would scream "bloody murder" if i bough HDD at prices microsoft demands :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Who the f*ck are you OP ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sony are willing to take huge losses on their console and risk establishing new, often great IPs to please their fans. They risk bankruptcy for their fanbase; this is what I love most about them.