By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros. Wii's JP release is here. Potential impact?

Will the game provide the Hardware boost to the Japanese console market that Nintendo so desperately wants before the FF13 bomb drops?

Will it push systems at all? How will the legs go?

By Friday we will know, but get your last licks in now.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Nominal and short-term, unless they can get more sustaining software out there in a short timespan.

I'm not sure if FFXIII is going to be as big of a system mover.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mario will be a much greater effect than FF13, spread over a longer period

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

LordTheNightKnight said:
I'm not sure if FFXIII is going to be as big of a system mover.

simply check what previous FF series did if anyone is 'not sure'

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

We won't be able to tease out exactly what kind of lift New Super Mario Brothers Wii is providing to Wii next week. You also have:

- The first Wii Kamen-Riders

- The first Wii Samurai Warriors game that has four different packages

- Increasing seasonal demand

That said, NSMB DS came when DS had an 8m base, a 3D Mario available, strong hardware sales and games like Mario Kart already available too. DS lifted nearly 100k. Preorders for NSMB Wii are quite strong.

I really don't think it is inconceivable that Wii could do 150k next week but we'll have to see.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I'm expecting SSBB esque numbers for the debut and 1.5 times the hardware sold that week

TheSource said:

We won't be able to tease out exactly what kind of lift New Super Mario Brothers Wii is providing to Wii next week. You also have:

That said, NSMB DS came when DS had an 8m base, a 3D Mario available, strong hardware sales and games like Mario Kart already available too. DS lifted nearly 100k. Preorders for NSMB Wii are quite strong.

I really don't think it is inconceivable that Wii could do 150k next week but we'll have to see.

lol

i will quote you on it. I stand by my prediction of no more than 83K

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I'm not saying Wii will hit 150,000 - but it is possible. We have to see where Wii ends up this week first.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

kingofwale said:
TheSource said:

lol

i will quote you on it. I stand by my prediction of no more than 83K

can I get some reasoning behind that?  MH3 lifted Wii sales to 94K in early august, why will NSMB Wii do worse in December?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)